Aft Balconies on the Dream

smiles998

:(We are leaving on our first Disney cruise next week on the new Dream and have been very excited about all of the great things I've heard we could expect on disney cruise ships. We booked a balcony guarantee and ended up with an aft balcony that I origianally thought was a great location as I know afts are saught after and sometimes have bigger balconies. I decided to get a better idea of the cabin dimensions were and came across a web site that showed this picture (below) of the balcony for cabin 5188 which is the one we are booked in.

My travel agent has appolojized an said the ship is full and there are no other cabins available. Disney's customer service also told me the same thing :(

I know you take what you get with a balcony guarantee, but I really did expect to at least have a balcony that we could enjoy our breakfast on, or at least a small end table that we could set our coffee cups on.

I know this isn't the way Disney does things, I just think they need to change the cabin catagory.

168951_186259108065398_123239874367322_564658_5445896_n.jpg

are you sure that's the Dream..the railings look old?

I was hoping not, but they say it is comfirmed to be Cabin 5188 on the new Dream on All Seasons travel web site. I think there is water on the railing which is making it look old. :(

I'll be in this cabin on the March 10th sailing. Thanks for the pictures!

I think it looks like a great balcony! I can't wait until it's my turn in October. Stop back when you return and let us know if it's as good as it looks.

The only bad comments I've heard is that the divider slopes down to the railing, so when you are standing at the railing the divider is only waist high. So that eliminates some privacy.

I would like to see a picture when standing in the aft seating are of Cabanas looking down on the balconies. I suspect a portion of the balcony is visible from up top also.

Beth

Does anyone know the square footage of the verandah on Cat. 5A? The total SF of the cabin, including verandah, is 246 SF. The Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom (Category 8B) has 241 SF. On the deck plan for Deck 9, it looks like they are exactly the same size (if you include the verandah on the 5A), which would make the verandah 5 square feet? Surely that's not right, but in the photo shown above for Cabin 9166 (a Cat 5A) the verandah looks really small. Anyone know the actual square feet on the 5A balcony?

Thanks for the pictures. On another thread on this board under the "post your pictures..." there were pictures of aft 10658 which had a huge balcony.

We'll be in 9674 right under and over a bit from the 10664 picture you posted - I think we'll be in good shape.

I looked at some pictures of the ship from the back corner and 5188 does look like it could really be that small. Hopefully as people continue to post to this thread it will help people from being surprised or disappointed with small balconies.

Thanks for the pictures. On another thread on this board under the "post your pictures..." there were pictures of aft 10658 which had a huge balcony.

We'll be in 9674 right under and over a bit from the 10664 picture you posted - I think we'll be in good shape.

I looked at some pictures of the ship from the back corner and 5188 does look like it could really be that small. Hopefully as people continue to post to this thread it will help people from being surprised or disappointed with small balconies.

Hey dexddd,

I will also be in 9674 in Oct. and it will also be a B2B cruise for us. If you have time can you post room and balcony pictures from this room when you get back

simplealman

I booked 06A GTY in the last cruise and they moved us to 05C, no complain. I booked a 08D (OV) for my next cruise while onboard, thinking that the extra 40 sq ft inside will be useful. But after seeing the pictures of 10664 ... OMG! That's ours now.

We can only manage to do 1 family cruise a year so we have the next 7-8 months to think of what we want to cruise next year. The planning and anticipating part of cruising is as much fun as the actual cruise itself.

Archived