Aft Balconies on the Dream

smiles998

Betty, I'll be sure to take pictures from both angles and post when I get back. It does look like a pretty good balcony, though. ;)

I think it looks like a great balcony! I can't wait until it's my turn in October. Stop back when you return and let us know if it's as good as it looks.

The only bad comments I've heard is that the divider slopes down to the railing, so when you are standing at the railing the divider is only waist high. So that eliminates some privacy.

I would like to see a picture when standing in the aft seating are of Cabanas looking down on the balconies. I suspect a portion of the balcony is visible from up top also.

Beth

I have changed my stateroom so many times I have lost count...I am currently in 7690...aft...happy with it...however, seeing pics of 5650, 5150..the other one on deck 10...the pics I had seen of 10658...I am not quite sure I like the room configuration!!!

How do you just stick with your pick?! lol My issue, my cruise is so far out...these rooms are available! lol

I have changed my stateroom so many times I have lost count...I am currently in 7690...aft...happy with it...however, seeing pics of 5650, 5150..the other one on deck 10...the pics I had seen of 10658...I am not quite sure I like the room configuration!!!

How do you just stick with your pick?! lol My issue, my cruise is so far out...these rooms are available! lol

Have you seen a picture of 7690? We will be in that cabin too.

I hear you. But that is the fun part of vacation planning, isn't it? I'm enjoying it. :)

I'm confused. :confused: Is 5650 good or bad? We have four cabins from 5650 thru 5656. I'm thinking larger balcony (part covered part uncovered) - clear railing - 5E cat. Noise should be okay since we're not total aft where there is more noise.

5650 I have that for our May 15th crusie

balcony looks good - looks like a good room

Good - hope to hear from you after the cruise so you can report on that cabin. Have a wonderful cruise - looking forward to our time on the Dream.

Have you seen a picture of 7690? We will be in that cabin too.

No...but there will be pics soon! WDW Radio..(I am on their running team) they are doing their cruise this week I think...and there are folks staying in this room! I will keep you posted!

A poster on the DIS had 6690...loved it...but recommended to move one deck up, as the flagpole is right there, and the flag is really loud in port...and she still heard some bass from the club below! I did see the verandah..nice and deep, only half of it is the white wall....

I hear you. But that is the fun part of vacation planning, isn't it? I'm enjoying it. :)
YES! :D I did go bacl to a family OV cause its just going to be me and my DD5...but it was less than a $100 for the verandah!:rolleyes: SO I am back in 7690! :D I AM STAYING PUT (will keep repeating this to myself) I like the location and cant beat the price IMO! Besides, how wonderful a view at CC!!!!

I'm confused. :confused: Is 5650 good or bad? We have four cabins from 5650 thru 5656. I'm thinking larger balcony (part covered part uncovered) - clear railing - 5E cat. Noise should be okay since we're not total aft where there is more noise.
OK...5650...starboard....you are away from the clubs, 5150 is above the Pink and Skyline, or right in between ...I erad you can still move forward by a hallway on the port side.

The thread over on the DIS..everyone went nuts over this verandah and started changing cabins...IF they could:D

Also a big balcony for 5650 enjoy

Hey dexddd,

I will also be in 9674 in Oct. and it will also be a B2B cruise for us. If you have time can you post room and balcony pictures from this room when you get back

simplealman

Go to the thread on here about laundry on the Dream and you'll see a link in one of the responses about locations of the laundries. In that link you'll see down a few pictures of 9670 and 9674.

Go to the thread on here about laundry on the Dream and you'll see a link in one of the responses about locations of the laundries. In that link you'll see down a few pictures of 9670 and 9674.

Thanks for the info, I think I'll will be very happy with this room. I love to set on the balcony and see where I've been instead of where I'm going for a change.

Hope ya'll have a great time and I'll just be jealous till my turn in Oct.

Simplealman

Hello, I'm going on my first cruise on the Dream in November. :D I will be in room 6678, Just wondering if anyone has been in that room. And if anyone could post room and balcony pictures.;) Thanks so much.

We're going in May, and have 6680, 6682 and 6684 which are immediately aft of 6678. We'll try to get pix.

It looks like 6678 might have an obstructed view; the curved steel panel seems to limit the sight lines. See the attached picture, taken the day Dream was floated out of the shipyard building (which explains the missing railing on 6684).

Staterooms.jpg.725d181a0ee8912da609287014561812.jpg

We're going in May, and have 6680, 6682 and 6684 which are immediately aft of 6678. We'll try to get pix.

It looks like 6678 might have an obstructed view; the curved steel panel seems to limit the sight lines. See the attached picture, taken the day Dream was floated out of the shipyard building (which explains the missing railing on 6684).

Thanks so much for the info. :( That really stinks that half my view is cut off. I guess it's better that no view. I wonder if I called the cruise lines, if they could switch me to one of the the other 3 rooms if there still open? Has anyone ever tried that?

p.s. I'd love to see your pictures when you get back. Let me know how the noise is at night too for I'm a light sleeper.;)

Thanks so much for the info. :( That really stinks that half my view is cut off. I guess it's better that no view. I wonder if I called the cruise lines, if they could switch me to one of the the other 3 rooms if there still open? Has anyone ever tried that?

p.s. I'd love to see your pictures when you get back. Let me know how the noise is at night too for I'm a light sleeper.;)

Well I'm happy to say I got my room switched with no problem to 6684!:D

Does anyone have photos or reviews on that one?

Well I'm happy to say I got my room switched with no problem to 6684!:D

Does anyone have photos or reviews on that one?

I'll have some in late May... 6684 is one of our group's rooms.

Good move; it looks like 6678's verandah is less than ideal.

I'll have some in late May... 6684 is one of our group's rooms.

Good move; it looks like 6678's verandah is less than ideal.

Thanks, photo's will be great!;) Hope you have a fun cruise.

Yes, I'm so glad they switched me. I was so disappointed when I saw the pictures of 6678's verandah that is some what blocked off. They should discount them rooms.

Just back from the Dream..WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...our cabin was 5th deck port aft and over the disco...THUMP..THUMP..THUMP...ALL NIGHT FROM 10 P.M. TO 2:30 PM:mad:...Kept everyone awake from the horrible base sound that vibrated up the floor and bed frames...anyone who wishes to bed early good luck..:eek:..Would forgo another cruise if that was the location...Loved the Magic and Wonder but some design aspects of the Dream were not thought through IMHO. Dream is a BEAUTIFUL ship otherwise but choose your cabin carefully.;)

Just back from the Dream..WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...our cabin was 5th deck port aft and over the disco...THUMP..THUMP..THUMP...ALL NIGHT FROM 10 P.M. TO 2:30 PM:mad:...Kept everyone awake from the horrible base sound that vibrated up the floor and bed frames...anyone who wishes to bed early good luck..:eek:..Would forgo another cruise if that was the location...Loved the Magic and Wonder but some design aspects of the Dream were not thought through IMHO. Dream is a BEAUTIFUL ship otherwise but choose your cabin carefully.;)

:eek:That is horrible!! My son has Autism, and doesn't stay up too late. I'm a very light sleeper. Does anyone know if you can hear the music, or feel the vibration on the 6th deck port aft?

What is the stateroom number for this vibe room?? (So we can all avoid it when we book.):eek:

TIA...

Archived