Live Aboard the Brilliance (Panama Canal) 2/25 - 3/7/05

Thanks coolshop--One more question where is the Hollywood Odyssey where the M&M is.

Thanks again Jean

13th Floor. Turns into a cigar lounge at night. Favourite spot everyday. If your up there at night say hello to Patricia from Roy the guy who was going to be a priest.

coolshop sorry your home:) im sure you would rather be cruising! just want to thank you for all the info! you have answered every question (sometime twice:) )

the first night was the first seating (530p) moved to 6pm?

dean

Perhaps my earlier description was overly critical of the noise. I am saying *at times*, specifically on a few nights in the early evening to midnight timeframe, when the captain took the boat up to its highest speeds, yes, there was some noise and vibration in our cabin. I suppose it could keep you up if you were bothered by such a thing.

As I also said, the noise abated in most cases after midnight.

It is worth the annoyance because relative to the overall length of time spent in our cabin, the times that it happened was relatively small. Other than those times the cabin was *quiet* and the ride was smooth. The cabin we were in had 2 separate bedrooms, a living room with couch and a huge balcony. It was well worth the very 'slight' annoyance.

We were also on the Explorer in an aft cabin, center aft, not corner aft like we were on the Brilliance. That was 2 years ago, so honestly, I don't remember if there was noise or not.

I am searching cabins on Explorer now. Did you have the same type of room on Explorer? Or was it another one there? What kind of cabin was it on Brilliance and on Explorer? Was it a better view on Brilliance or Explore?

coolshop sorry your home:) im sure you would rather be cruising! just want to thank you for all the info! you have answered every question (sometime twice:) )

the first night was the first seating (530p) moved to 6pm?

dean

No, the seating was at 5:30 the first night as well.

I am searching cabins on Explorer now. Did you have the same type of room on Explorer? Or was it another one there? What kind of cabin was it on Brilliance and on Explorer? Was it a better view on Brilliance or Explore?

Hello

On the Explorer we were more center aft in a Junior Suite, 7394.

We were in 9656 on the Brilliance, a Royal Family Suite.

I'd say the views were basically the same.

Hello

On the Explorer we were more center aft in a Junior Suite, 7394.

We were in 9656 on the Brilliance, a Royal Family Suite.

I'd say the views were basically the same.

Thank you for this data. Lots of postings on the aft cabins. Some like them and some do not, like anything. I would not like the vibrations. Is it a long ways to walk to your cabin too? Looks like stairs near the back of the ship are available to go to other floors. Does that make it more easy to do?

Thank you for this data. Lots of postings on the aft cabins. Some like them and some do not, like anything. I would not like the vibrations. Is it a long ways to walk to your cabin too? Looks like stairs near the back of the ship are available to go to other floors. Does that make it more easy to do?

Yes, it is a long walk but really we didn't think it was that big of a deal.

There are no public stairs available at the very back of the ship. There are crew only stairs.

The closest public stairs are those that go between floors near the elevator bank.

Hi Sherry, Sorry but I'm on the 04/17/06 cruise. I almost booked for April 7,but then noticed the one for the 17th was for 11 nights instead of 10,and was the same price. We can still chat back and forth if you want. I'm always up for talking about cruising. Email me at Granyst1@aol.com,and put Brilliance Cruise in the title,so I don't delete it. :D

We are on the April 17th 2006 sailing and we have been looking for fellow cruisers. We must keep in touch. I hve been trying to start a meet and mingle, but RCCL sight keeps telling me that the date is invalid for this ship! Go figure. I have called them to ask and was told they did not know what I was talking about so she couldn't help me. I will send you an email. We can keep in touch. There are six of us in our party.

Hey Jalakim & granyst1,

We are also booked on the 4/17/06 cruise aboard the Brilliance and it's great to hear there are others! I've been looking for people to talk with about OUR cruise! I posted a roll call a while back and have only rec'd one reply. I bumped it up earlier today, hope to chat with ya'll on that site as it's more exclusive to the group that will be on this sailing. Go to the Royal Caribbean roll call site- it's called Meet-n-mingle. Hope to see you there, Ellen.

• Administrators
We are on the April 17th 2006 sailing and we have been looking for fellow cruisers. We must keep in touch. I hve been trying to start a meet and mingle, but RCCL sight keeps telling me that the date is invalid for this ship! Go figure. I have called them to ask and was told they did not know what I was talking about so she couldn't help me. I will send you an email. We can keep in touch. There are six of us in our party.

Hi there!

Note that sailing dates are loaded into the registration system about ONE YEAR out...so while there is obviously a cruise on that date....the ability to register for a Meet & Mingle isn't available as of yet. Check again in mid-April.

Hope this helps,

Laura

Archived