Millenium UN Plaza NY

LilMermaid75

Is this too far away from everything? We'll be sailing out of Manhattan, coming in the day before. Will it be a pain to get to the port in the morning (we sail on a weekday)? I found a great rate and thought this might be a nice place to stay. It looks like it gets pretty good reviews. Thanks!

Is this too far away from everything? We'll be sailing out of Manhattan' date=' coming in the day before. Will it be a pain to get to the port in the morning (we sail on a weekday)? I found a great rate and thought this might be a nice place to stay. It looks like it gets pretty good reviews. Thanks![/quote']

It's clear across town and about 10+ blocks south from the Manhattan ports. It's a hike without any luggage. Strongly advise taking a cab. Even if you sail on a weekday, getting a taxi won't be an issue if you plan to leave the hotel around 11am or later.

As for it being far away from everything, it's pretty close to Grand Central Station, which has several nice boutiques and a good food court in the lower level. Plus, you'll have easy/fast access to the subways there. Otherwise, I'm afraid you'll have to walk a bit (not too bad) to Times Square and 5th Avenue.

Is this too far away from everything? We'll be sailing out of Manhattan' date=' coming in the day before. Will it be a pain to get to the port in the morning (we sail on a weekday)? I found a great rate and thought this might be a nice place to stay. It looks like it gets pretty good reviews. Thanks![/quote']

In my opinion, nothing in Manhattan is too far away from anything. No matter where you are, there is always a good subway, bus line, or cab. There are attractions all over the city.

If you got a good rate, go for it.

Personally, I think being in middle of Times Square is a bad location.

Archived