Standard H/C Cabin for 3 People

DisneyKidsDad

Yep, I just sailed with my parents on the Oasis and we had a H/C unit. The fold out sofa is actually a twin size and very uncomfortable. I had them bring in another comforter to sleep on in hopes of making it better, but it didn't work. I was better off sleeping on the floor.

We had a scooter and a wheelchair in the unit for my parents and still had enough room.

We have had "standard" accessible cabins for 3 on the following cruise lines:

Celebrity

Princess

HAL

Royal Caribbean

Keep in mind that often this requires one of the beds to be a bunk bed that flips down from the wall (requiring a ladder to enter), or a sofa bed, or even a roll-away. Some have been "inside" cabins as well.

Hi, we just got back from a 10 day Caribbean cruise on the NCL Jewel, cabin 11654. Yes, three is possible. The couch is a pullout and I must admit VERY hard. Only two chairs on the balcony. The wheel chair can fit but need to move the chairs and adjust for the hc ramp. Only two "desk" type chairs and a "stool" in the room for sitting at the table. Plenty of space for "stuff" but the lighting in this room is very poor. The closet has pull down bar, therefore there is a limited amount of space for clothes in the closet as your clothes will hang on an angle and the bar is weight limited. The shower will flood the floor and you will need to ask for towels to keep that from happening. The shower curtain also needs to be adjusted, otherwise it clings to you.

I hope this information is helpful to all guests that sincerely need the room. It is so unfortunate that able bodied passengers feel the necessity to take these rooms when they are far and few between. If the able bodied passenger wants more room; then upgrade and pay for it!!

Hi, we just got back from a 10 day Caribbean cruise on the NCL Jewel, cabin 11654. Yes, three is possible. The couch is a pullout and I must admit VERY hard. Only two chairs on the balcony. The wheel chair can fit but need to move the chairs and adjust for the hc ramp. Only two "desk" type chairs and a "stool" in the room for sitting at the table. Plenty of space for "stuff" but the lighting in this room is very poor. The closet has pull down bar, therefore there is a limited amount of space for clothes in the closet as your clothes will hang on an angle and the bar is weight limited. The shower will flood the floor and you will need to ask for towels to keep that from happening. The shower curtain also needs to be adjusted, otherwise it clings to you.

I hope this information is helpful to all guests that sincerely need the room. It is so unfortunate that able bodied passengers feel the necessity to take these rooms when they are far and few between. If the able bodied passenger wants more room; then upgrade and pay for it!!

Or go on a diet !

Archived