Where's the BEACH???

SilkShirt

My wife and I will be on the Equinox for 11 nights next month.

There are 6 stops. We've booked 3 excursions through Celebrity.

The other 3 stops we would like to get off the ship and spend the day

at a beach resort.

We would like to rent some chairs and just relax on the beach.

Has anyone done such at thing at these ports?

Puerto Limon, Costa Rica

Colon, Panama

Cartagena, Columbia

Thanks!

We just did the same cruise. You have picked the least attactative ports to go to the beach. You should look at Cozamel, (San Francisco Beach) In the Caymans take a taxi and tell the driver that you want to go to a beach.They will take you to great beaches. In Puerto Limon you have very limited choices. The best beach is Playa Bonita.

Rotan, Colon, and Cartagena are more guided tour type of cities. Hope this helps, but you will have a great cruise no matter what you decide to do. I know we did, because we booked the same cruise again next January.

Hate to have to concur with the others, but indeed you picked the worst three for beach days.

An alternate suggestion would be to stay on the ship those days, and enjoy the pool deck as if it's your private club. No sand, but the pool deck won't be crowded, you'll have your pick of loungers and the bartender will give you his undivided attention. :D

Thanks everyone. Grand Cayman and Cozumel involve beaches, and Costa Maya is harpooning dolphins.

I noticed that Celebrity offers a canoe and beach tour package in Cartagena. We can enjoy the ship when its docked in Costa Rica and Panama.

And just to clarify, my DW has informed that the dolphin encounter is standing in pool petting the dolphins. "I can hardly wait!!"(loads of sarcasm)

Archived