How to Apply for CCL Shareholder Credit or Military Credit

BridgeMates

Do they need a copy of the application form for the non-military OBC, just the shareholders OBC? I just emailed my brokers statement showing shares ownership to them with the booking locator and I had a receipt to say they had received it. How long do they take to actually apply the OBC?

The credit is applied to your account immediately, though you won't see it if you have a TA. And, if you booked with Princess and can in fact see your account, it won't be listed separately. It will just be lumped in with your other credits; like FCC's.

I can understand people getting frustrated.

I have emailed my application in twice to the military email address, then after 3 days or so received a delayed notificaton then one that it had finally and permanently bounced.

So I sent it to the shareholder OBC email, after 7 days they sent me a short note saying I had to submit the proper form (which I had) and the documentation as listed. I had. They attached the form pdf but it was un-openable.

I emailed back asking what the problem was. Theyjust emailed me the form pdf again, after 7 days, and did not answer my question.

I have now tried faxing it to the military fax number, nothing back yet but its only been 5 days, my cruise leaves in 9 days from today.

It would be nice to get the $250 but I am wondering whether its worth the stress involved.

Even old soldiers give up eventually when faced with mindless bureaucracy.

Does the the military OBC only apply for Princess cruise line or is it also available for a Carnival cruise? Is so, how do you apply for it?

The program discussed here is only for Princess. I don't believe Carnival Cruise Line has any similar program.

I easily found the form for the Military OBC on the Princess website but does anyone know where to find the Shareholder OBC form?????? People on this thread have asked over and over where to find it - is a form not needed to request the Shareholder OBC?

I easily found the form for the Military OBC on the Princess website but does anyone know where to find the Shareholder OBC form?????? People on this thread have asked over and over where to find it - is a form not needed to request the Shareholder OBC?

I requested the Shareholder OBC is early July. I did NOT use any form. Just an email with our names, booking number, ship, sailing date and cabin number, plus the documentation attached.

I can understand people getting frustrated.

I have emailed my application in twice to the military email address, then after 3 days or so received a delayed notificaton then one that it had finally and permanently bounced.

So I sent it to the shareholder OBC email, after 7 days they sent me a short note saying I had to submit the proper form (which I had) and the documentation as listed. I had. They attached the form pdf but it was un-openable.

I emailed back asking what the problem was. Theyjust emailed me the form pdf again, after 7 days, and did not answer my question.

I have now tried faxing it to the military fax number, nothing back yet but its only been 5 days, my cruise leaves in 9 days from today.

It would be nice to get the $250 but I am wondering whether its worth the stress involved.

Even old soldiers give up eventually when faced with mindless bureaucracy.

Keep all your documentation showing bounced emails, faxes, etc proving your attempts and take it with you if you hear nothing back

The program discussed here is only for Princess. I don't believe Carnival Cruise Line has any similar program.

Cunard also have it, you could try them, don't expect the menu choice to be as good as Princess or Carnival though - unless you pay an obscene amount of money and dine in "The Grills" and even then it ain't what it used to be.

I've read this entire thread, and the fine print on the form post #88 directs us to. I have one question I've not seen answered.

Do you have to have owned the stock a certain period of time to qualify? I'm sailing in Nov 2011, and would consider buying 100 shares today, but not if there is some rule saying I have to have owned the shares for X amount of time, if X is greater than the (approximately) 75 days I have remaining before embarkation.

I would of course submit documentation more than 14 days before sailing, as seems to be required.

I've read this entire thread, and the fine print on the form post #88 directs us to. I have one question I've not seen answered.

Do you have to have owned the stock a certain period of time to qualify? I'm sailing in Nov 2011, and would consider buying 100 shares today, but not if there is some rule saying I have to have owned the shares for X amount of time, if X is greater than the (approximately) 75 days I have remaining before embarkation.

I would of course submit documentation more than 14 days before sailing, as seems to be required.

You just need proof that you own it. You could buy it one day and sell it the next.

Buy it Tuesday and submit immediately. Do not get involved in the 14 day period.

But that means I have to be on the same cruise. At the same time. ;) You just saved yourself a drink. :D

We were supposed to be on the Diamond in April 2012 but we had to jump ship. We are booked on Celebrity on a similar cruise in 2013, hate not to be on Princess, but the X cruise does quite a few overnights. I'm sure we will be on a cruise together in the future and I will buy you that drink.

We were supposed to be on the Diamond in April 2012 but we had to jump ship. We are booked on Celebrity on a similar cruise in 2013, hate not to be on Princess, but the X cruise does quite a few overnights. I'm sure we will be on a cruise together in the future and I will buy you that drink.

Thanks. Will be waiting to meet you. Eventually. :D

I was on Ruby Princess in April 2011 and received the Military OBC. I just booked the Crown Princess for April 2012 and found they immediately issued the Military OBC for the cruise I was booking. I didn't have to do anything since they had my info regarding military service in their records. While our TA was talking with Princess they told the TA that the Military credit was being given to me for the upcoming cruise.

Regarding the Shareholder OBC I found that I still need to E-mail or fax the information to Princess.

The credit is applied to your account immediately, though you won't see it if you have a TA. And, if you booked with Princess and can in fact see your account, it won't be listed separately. It will just be lumped in with your other credits; like FCC's.

Mine hasn't been applied yet. I can't see it on my credits but there is an amount for FCC credit there. Strange. I booked direct with Princess.

Archived