Ft. Lauderdale hotel

emmaausten

I am looking for a nice, quiet hotel with a good pool that offers relatively easy access to Port Everglades, as well as to restaurants and shops and Las Olas. I was thinking about the Renaissance on 17th street because it's closer to the Publix, etc., than the Hyatt Pier 66 or the Marriott Marina. We stayed at the Marriott last time and thought it was pleasant, but a bit distant from anything else without a car.

My other thought was the Pillars, which is near Las Olas.

Any advice?

I thought the same about the Marriott when we stayed there two weeks ago, loved it, but a bit out of the way. We saw the Doubletree Oceanfront and thought that would be perfect. Hope this helps.

Stay on the intercoastal waterway somewhere and then you will have access to the water taxi which is fantastic. Great way to get around to all kinds of places, bars, restaurants, hotels, shopping (Los Olas), Jungle Queen Tours...Pier 66 would be a great place to stay.

Linda

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone!

As I began reading this board, several changes have taken place since the origination of messages, ie...rental car agencies no longer offer shuttles to/from the port to renters. Now I have a little dilema....

There are 4 of us flying into FLL (All at different times) because is cheaper than flights into MIA where our ship is leaving. I have checked and Amer-suites and do not offer airport shuttles after 10pm (3 of us are coming in after 10pm).

If anyone could suggest a good, inexpensive hotel, with shuttle till at least midnight, please let me know.

Also, your expertise is requested for information on the most efficient way for the four of us to get to the Port of Miami. Should we go back to FLL airport and taxi? Your suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!

Mary

Rent a car. Drive to your hotel, then to Miami, drop at the port, then one of you return the car to MIA and ride shuttle back, or if renting from Avis or Hertz, return to downtown location.

Lots of threads with lots of suggestions that are current, not over 2 years old.

Signman,

Thanks for the reply. The major rental agencies, Avis & Hertz will cost close to $100. for a compact car for 10 hrs! (Fri to Sat 12/1) so, guess I will just look for a hotel in FLL offering free shuttle (till at least midnight) and then use another mode of transportation from the hotel, or FLL to the Port of Miami.

Thank you for the posting, and Ill keep looking.

Mary

Mary that sounds like an aweful lot for a one night rental. Did you check car rental sites online? I've used priceline often for my car rentals and always get a good price.

We did the car rental thing form FLL to MIAMI twice last year and we never paid more than $50. ttl for a midsized car. It may be worth it to keep looking... as shuttle service (from Miami back to FLL airport) cost us $20pp for a taxi van upon our return.

A~

Mary, I don't know where you are looking, but I always start my search at http://www.southwest.com just to get an idea of where rates are.

I just looked for a full size car picking up at FLL on 12/1/06 at 11 PM and returning to MIA on 12/2 at 2 PM and rates from Alamo, Avis, Dollar, and Thrifty are all under $50 before taxes.

Check in on this thread too http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=375940

Archived