Hotels in NOLA

jlacy1987

I've read on the boards that several cruisers choose to stay in a hotel the day before embarkation and they get free parking for the week from the hotel. Is this true? What hotels do this? The cheaper the better for us. We will be on the Spirit leaving May 15. The reason I'm curious is that we only live 5 hours from NOLA, but it might be beneficial for us to stay the night in NOLA anyway, since embarkation is mid-day.

I've read on the boards that several cruisers choose to stay in a hotel the day before embarkation and they get free parking for the week from the hotel. Is this true? What hotels do this? The cheaper the better for us. We will be on the Spirit leaving May 15. The reason I'm curious is that we only live 5 hours from NOLA, but it might be beneficial for us to stay the night in NOLA anyway, since embarkation is mid-day.

Do a google search for "park stay and cruise" New Orleans, should find many options.

I can almost always get Holiday Inn Superdome for $99 which includes parking and shuttle to the port.

Not cheaper than just paying for parking, but cheaper for those of us who like to arrive the day before and play in the french qtr. Iv used them twice. Drury once.

Yes, but the cost of a room is just too expensive for us -- they are all more than $150/night. We can park at Fulton Garage for $84 for the entire week.

slight exaggeration. They arent all over $150 a night.

Its $16 a day at the port...still a bargain for me at $99 a night, plus taxes. And a night in the french qtr.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to stay at the Hampton Inn Convention Center. The room can be either a king or two doubles and costs $129 for one night (plus tax). But parking for that night is free. They have free breakfast, free shuttle to and from the pier, and will garage park your car for $10 per day while you're gone. That saves $42 on a seven night cruise. How many drinks is that? :D

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

First drink's on me! :p

• 3 months later...
I'm going to stay at the Hampton Inn Convention Center. The room can be either a king or two doubles and costs $129 for one night (plus tax). But parking for that night is free. They have free breakfast, free shuttle to and from the pier, and will garage park your car for $10 per day while you're gone. That saves $42 on a seven night cruise. How many drinks is that? :D

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

First drink's on me! :p

I just called to check on a Saturday night stay - since the cruise leaves on Sunday and was told by reservations that it was not available for a Saturday night arrival but it is for Sunday?? Strange since cruises leave out of New Orleans on Sundays - who would want to stay the night the cruise ship leaves???

• 3 weeks later...
I just called to check on a Saturday night stay - since the cruise leaves on Sunday and was told by reservations that it was not available for a Saturday night arrival but it is for Sunday?? Strange since cruises leave out of New Orleans on Sundays - who would want to stay the night the cruise ship leaves???

Keep in mind that Carnival has two ships here, too, with 4,5 & 7 night cruises, so people are coming and going all the time.

Archived