Walk for the Cure

Sandoo

Does anyone know whether Norwegian has "Walk For The Cure" like they do on Carnival ships (specifically on the Pearl)?

I assume you are talking about the Susan B. Komen Walk/Race for a Cruise. If so, they have been on all of my sailings -- Pearl, Epic, Sun. Not sure about the Sky as that was only a three nighter.

I assume you are talking about the Susan B. Komen Walk/Race for a Cruise. If so, they have been on all of my sailings -- Pearl, Epic, Sun. Not sure about the Sky as that was only a three nighter.

Can you provide more information please? What's involved? How to sign up, etc?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

In my 13 NCL cruises I have not seen an event like this.

We did the walk for the cure on the CCL Freedom in the Mediterranean and it was a fabulously moving experience. Raised over $6,000.

FYI: You sign up early in the cruise - $10 gets you a t-shirt and pink wrist band. On walk day, everyone was on the top deck all decked out (aargh aargh) in their t-shirts. John Heald was CD on that cruise and he was out talking with people and had a portable mike telling stories of people walking. People were hugging, walking arm in arm, some were crying. At the end a group photo was down of all the survivors (over 100) and done front were those currently undergoing chemo or radiation (about 20). I still tear up thinking about it. Oh, and BTW, they ran out of shirts and wristband - but those folks gave their money and walked anyway.

The next year they had switched to a dance a thon which benefitted St. Jude's. It is my (maybe incorrect) understanding they they only do the St. Jude's benefit now.

As a note, John told us he was afraid this would be a real downer, but he was very surprised, that even though there were lots of teary walkers, it was one of the things he received rave reviews about. I still have my pink bracelet and wear it with the best memories.

I do wish NCL would do this, particularly on sailings with multiple sea days.

OP "jdvmd" indicated they has it on 3 sailings.....where are you and do you have any more information???

Archived