booking excursions in advance

Iluv2cruz918

I went to prebook an excursion for my upcoming cruise and found that they wanted me to prepay. This is my first Carnival cruise, however I am a seasoned cruiser and I've never had to prepay for cruises from competitive lines. Is this something new that has come up or has Carnival always asked you to prepay? I don't like the idea that they will have my money over a month in advance of sailing. And what about all the what if (change my mind, we don't stop at that port of call for unforeseen reason). I just don't like it!

rest assured that if something happens and Carnival has to cancel and excursion or port you will receive a refund. Yeah, they get to gleam the interest while the money is in the bank. I personally prefer to have mine prepaid and out of the way before I sail. to each their own on that. I just figure the more I have prepaid, the less I have on my S&S at the end of the cruise. Carnival will take care of you if something happens.

Prior Poster is right, if they have to cancel the excursion or port it gets refunded to your account. if you book, pay and then decide to cancel-same thing, the moeny will be credited back to the card you use.

I know this because both instances has happened to me.

i also like prepaying bc it lowers my s&s card

We have cancelled excursions we've booked online, and refunds went back to the credit card within a couple weeks--no problem. However, you must cancel them before the cutoff window, which is 3 days prior to sailing. Once you're within the cutoff window, you must wait until you get on board to cancel. And then, you are subject to a 25% cancellation penalty. Once you're within 24 hours of arrival in port, no refunds are given. Something noteworthy is that Carnival has a tendency to raise the price of excursions once you're on board, so people waiting until they're on board pay more in some cases (not all). Some excursions I had previously booked, I noticed were higher when I got on board. Also, we've seen some go up as it gets closer to sailing. Also, some excursions could possibly sell out before getting on board. In other words, go ahead and book what you think you want now! You have until 3 days prior to sailing to make changes without any penalty.

It's just a convenience Carnival offers. If you prefer, you can book your excursions once you board the ship. They'll just add the cost to your S&S card. I like paying in advance because it gives me the appearance of a lower bill at the end of the week. The poster above me mentioned that Carnival sometimes raises the price of an excursion after you board. I have booked online and on the ship and have never paid more for a tour onboard. But I suppose it could happen. It's just never happened to me.

Regarding pricing going up for excursions - I haven't sailed but know the price goes up closer to sailing. I have been trying to decide on a Belize excursion for some time. Just recently, I noticed the pricing had increased for the excursions. SO....closer to sail, more $$$$

Archived