Legend questions (out of Tampa)

nikita

We sail out of Tampa on the Legend in May. A few questions (for now)...on sea days do they have a good Reggae band by the pool area? How early should you get there to get a decent lounge chair? One more question: would our 7th floor balcony be a good place to be when we go under the bridge? Or is it better to be higher to get the full effect?

Thanks!

We sail out of Tampa on the Legend in May. A few questions (for now)...on sea days do they have a good Reggae band by the pool area? How early should you get there to get a decent lounge chair? One more question: would our 7th floor balcony be a good place to be when we go under the bridge? Or is it better to be higher to get the full effect?

Thanks!

First I want to start out by saying I hope you enjoy your trip on the Legend, I have been on that ship twice and in my option it is one of the best.

1. on sea days do they have a good Reggae band -- if memory service me correctly I don't remember ever seeing a band by the pool. but I could be wrong.

2. How early should you get there to get a decent lounge chair? -- The deck on these ships don't seem to fill up fast, so I always noticed deck chairs available.

3. would our 7th floor balcony be a good place to be when we go under the bridge? -- I reccomend the higher the better.

Hope you have a great cruise, any other question I can answer please let me know.

I been on the Legend 2 times and my third will be in April. Great ship. On sea days they have live music and games going on by the pool. Music can vary. Have Reggae and other Pop cover songs etc. Folks do reserve chairs and most directly in front of the pool can go by 8:00 a.m. We have had rooms on level 7 aft and have had no problem with the view of going under the bridge. Have a great time.

What were once bands are now duo's, sadly. But yes they have music by the main Lido pool.

There are 3 lido pools which have lounges. If you need to be right where all the action is, that's the main (middle) pool and I imagine the chairs go more quickly there. They have just added a Serenity (Adults Only) area in the aft lido area. I don't think there will be as many chairs there as there was in the past, so this could negatively effect the crowding in other areas. You can also get lounges on deck 10 and overlook lido.

I would go to the upper decks when going under the bridge...you will never get the same effect from your balcony. It's amazing how close the ship gets to the bridge!

Enjoy...she is our favorite ship!:)

We went on the Legend in May! It was awesome. You have to find I Gede who is a bar waiter. He is the best.

I don't remember a band by the pool but we spent lots of time at the aft adult only area. It was enforced and we liked it a lot. They played music back there but not live.

I don't remember finding a chair ever being a problem except the first day and they had awhole bunch stacked up and wouldn't let you take them down. Not sure why that was. Strange!!

The higher the better for the bridge. Wee Jimmy makes that and the whole cruise so fun if he is still the CD!

We cruised the Legend...no band by pool and as for going under the bridge, we all were on the TOP DECK and my hubby had my DD ON HIS SHOULDERS!! As she reached for the sky I thought she was going to touch the bottom of the bridge as we went under!!! Everybody around was GASPING.....I almost had a heart attack!! :eek::eek::eek:

She thought it was the "neatest" thing as a child would grinning ear to ear.

have been on the Legend 3 times. Here are my observations:

We sail out of Tampa on the Legend in May. A few questions (for now)...on sea days

do they have a good Reggae band by the pool area? No, there is no reggae band or any other band for that matter, just two guys and a lot of electronic sound.

How early should you get there to get a decent lounge chair?

Since they have changed the layout in the recent drydock, if you are not going to the serenity area, I would suggest no later than 7:30 if you want to be anywhere near the pool.

One more question: would our 7th floor balcony be a good place to be when we go under the bridge? Or is it better to be higher to get the full effect? Balconies are not the place to see the bridge. Get outside and as high as possible.

Thanks!

If all you want is a deck chair and some sun, you can find one anytime. If you want a piece of that prime real estate poolside, you'll have to get there early.

I agree with everyone else who says you should be topside when you go under the bridge. That's where the party will be and where you'll get the best views.

photo.php?fbid=10150095710603907&set=a.392134268906.173181.750108906&theater

Will be on the Legend in two weeks and I hope the weather is nicer then the last time we sailed her. Wasn't able to see the sailing under the bridge since it was pouring rain, very windy and of course dark. Keeping my fingers crossed for better luck this time around.

We will be on the Legend next Sunday. About what time does the ship go under the bridge? I was thinking of making 6:30pm reservations in the Steakhouse for the first night to take advantage of the free bottle of wine offer.

Thanks for any information.

We will be on the Legend next Sunday. About what time does the ship go under the bridge? I was thinking of making 6:30pm reservations in the Steakhouse for the first night to take advantage of the free bottle of wine offer.

It usually goes under the bridge between 6 & 6:30, so you'll want those reservations later. Of course the steakhouse has a glass dome over it, so if you're seated in the right area, you will still see it, but not quite the same as being out on the top deck to witness it;)

Make your reservation for later. The ship usually goes under the bridge between 6:15 and 6:30 if it sails on time.

What is the free bottle of wine offer? Are you referring to the bottle you can take on the ship with you or is there something I'm not aware of - perhaps if you eat at the steakhouse on the first night you get a free bottle of wine?

What is the free bottle of wine offer? Are you referring to the bottle you can take on the ship with you or is there something I'm not aware of - perhaps if you eat at the steakhouse on the first night you get a free bottle of wine?

It's a promotion they offer where if you eat at the steakhouse the first nite, they give you a free bottle of wine:)

It's a promotion they offer where if you eat at the steakhouse the first nite, they give you a free bottle of wine:)

I would like to do this...does it state this somewhere in the "manage my cruise" section?

Do you know for a fact that is now standard procedure, or something they have tried on a few sailings?

Not sure, to be honest...have seen a number of people talking about it in here, and they were doing it when we were on the Legend in Nov (but we didn't partake).

I would like to do this...does it state this somewhere in the "manage my cruise" section?

I've never made reservations for it, but I'm thinking you should be able to do it there. Maybe someone who knows will pop in here;)

Thanks!

Most of the time there is some sort of entertainment provided by the central Lido pools. Most of the time it consisted of either a duo trying their best, but it seems Carnival has outsourced a lot of that to iTunes. All of the music was provided by a laptop running iTunes that was merely hooked up to the sound system (this seemed to be the norm across the ship, it honestly looked like it was the dude's personal laptop). People were kinda miffed that he couldn't download from iTunes, but he was keeping a list of requests and said he would try to get them when in port.

I never had a hard time finding lounge chairs near the central pools, but I preferred the Aft Lido where there was always chairs available. That may change now that there is a Serenity area back there.

If you're eating at the Golden Fleece, you should be able to walk right out onto the deck as you go under the bridge. I wouldn't stay in your stateroom as all you're going to see are the pylons. Get up on the aft lido area or up by the funnel/steakhouse area for the best view of the crossing. It will be well announced.

Not sure, to be honest...have seen a number of people talking about it in here, and they were doing it when we were on the Legend in Nov (but we didn't partake).

I've never made reservations for it, but I'm thinking you should be able to do it there. Maybe someone who knows will pop in here;)

We got the free bottle on the Legend last month.

Steakhouse reservations: http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx?faq=steak+house

I'll be on the Legend in one year ( I really need a countdown clock)! I am so excited that a Serenity area was added! I love kids, but I also love the idea of plopping in a lounge chair with a good book :) I am a bit bummed though because being February, by the time we go under the bridge, it will be dark :( For those who have sailed Legend, do you think it will be too dark to see it?

I'll be on the Legend in one year ( I really need a countdown clock)! I am so excited that a Serenity area was added! I love kids, but I also love the idea of plopping in a lounge chair with a good book :) I am a bit bummed though because being February, by the time we go under the bridge, it will be dark :( For those who have sailed Legend, do you think it will be too dark to see it?

You will see it...the bridge is all lit up!;) The first time we sailed the Legend, they were doing maintenance on the bridge and the lights were turned off. It was November and it was dark, so we were bummed. But we still saw it because of all the lights on the ship. It's an experience:)

You will see it...the bridge is all lit up!;) The first time we sailed the Legend, they were doing maintenance on the bridge and the lights were turned off. It was November and it was dark, so we were bummed. But we still saw it because of all the lights on the ship. It's an experience:)

Thank you!! I can't wait!

Archived