WARWICK HOTEL - SEATTLE WA.

JimmyJ

Greetings. Can anyone give me information about the Warwick Hotel in Seattle? Going to Alaska on June 19 and planning on getting to Seattle on the 17th for a couple nights.

Thanks.

JIMMYJ

6/10/01 Grand

4/27/02 Golden

4/13/03 Coral

6/19/04 Diamond

Yacht-04.gif

DIAMOND PRINCESS - JUNE 19, 2004 - ALASKA

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;6;19;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0700

The Warwick is a good location downtown and only a few blocks from the fantastic Pike Place Market. I only saw the outside as I stayed a couple of blocks away at the Monaco Park Hotel. There is a liquor store about 3 blocks away if you want to pick up some Washington state wines pre-cruise(at great prices). If you want to try a great Italian restaurant, try dinner at the one in the Monaco Park hotel. Sorry, I don't remember the name of the restaurant, but it is attached to the hotel. It was really great food!

We stayed at the Warwick in Seattle for 5 nights a couple of years ago. It was nice. We had a room near the top and looked straight out to the Space Needle. It was convenient and walking distance to nearly everything we wanted to do, see and eat. Yes the restaurant in the hotel is good and has wonderful martini's. It was served in a stemless glass that sat is crushed ice.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;4;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Maasdam 4/25/04

39august

how was the monaco??

i want to get a good hotel close to pike market and this hotel sounds interesting. would you stay there again or get closer to the market and shore??

DUSTY

Carnival Spirit, 9/10/03 Alaska glacier bay

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

If you are looking fro a great hotel within walking distance to everything; here are a few: The Hotel Monaco (very funky atmosphere) The W (very nice upscale) Inn at the Market(located in the Pike Market, very nice). Those are the three that I would recommend as the top in Seattle; if those are too pricy I can give you come other alternatives still close to everything.

Seattle is a great city for walking everywhere. If you take a taxi from the airport to the Hotel it is a flat 25.00 rate. City mandates it, then from any of these hotels to the Pier (can't walk because of luggage) its 5.00 and about 6 blocks.

Restaurants are plentiful but a few great ones are, "Ettas" (seafood) on the corner of the Market. "Melting Pot" (you would need a taxi) Lots of fun if you have a bunch of people, its a fondue restaurant. "Tulio", (Italian) on fourth Ave. and I could go on and on. If you want more information just let me know and I can give you whatever you need.

Hopefully this helps, enjoy your time in Seattle its a great city to live in and visit! icon_razz.gif

T H A N K S for the information. I'm looking forward to getting to Seattle and seeing the West Coast and taking the cruise.

Here's something I fould on the internet that you might find humourous icon_smile.gif Just my way of saying Thanks.

1. Does the ship crew sleep onboard?

2. What time is the midnight buffet?

3. Which elevator takes us to the front of the ship?

4. Do you generate your own electricity?

5. Is this island totally surrounded by water?

6. Is the water in the toilet – salt water or fresh water?

7. What language do they speak in Alaska?

8. What do you do with the ice carvings after they melt?

9. How high above sea level are we?

10. How do we know which formal portrait pictures is ours?

Cheers!

JimmyJ

Toronto Ontario

6/10/01 Grand

4/27/02 Golden

4/13/03 Coral

6/19/04 Diamond

Yacht-04.gif

DIAMOND PRINCESS - JUNE 19, 2004 - ALASKA

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;6;19;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0700

Hi Dst!

Do you know anything about the Summerfield Suites? Is it withing walking distance of the downtown stores, restaurants, ect.? Is it a good choice for a visit to Seattle?

Thanks in advance!

rocks

B2B Ryndam* 1st Alaska Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;09;03;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Patar: Crowne Plaza a few blocks up the hill but if you are healthy a nice walk. Seattle is a very hilly area. Was built on a landfill icon_smile.gif But the W is on foyrth Ave and I believe within the same price range, they would be better.

Rocks: No on the Summerfield Suites, its up by the hospitals and a taxi or bus would be needed. What price range are you looking in and I'll see what I can recommend.

• 7 years later...

DST - You apparently are quite familiar with Seattle. We will be staying in the Warwick arriving evening of May 13 through morning of the 15th. Could you please recommend some good places to eat around the hotel.

Thanks and very much appreciated.

Ron

DST - You apparently are quite familiar with Seattle. We will be staying in the Warwick arriving evening of May 13 through morning of the 15th. Could you please recommend some good places to eat around the hotel.

Ron

this post was posted in 2004. I doubt anyone is still following it. Ask a new question or post on tripadvisor.com Seattle forum.

• 3 weeks later...

Ron

Some life still in this old thread, even with highjackers :eek:

The Warwick's restaurant is very good. Enjoyed full breakfast, prix fixe menu and especially the razor clam chowder and fresh flavors/ingredients in the various salads, entrees and made on premises desserts.

Right across the street is a convenient market, a wonderful bakery with amazing small pies (triple coconut, same you would get from Etta's Seafood), sandwiches of the day, muffins, cookies and more.

Dahlia Lounge and 2 other well known Tom Douglas eateries are within a 1 to 2 block radius plus you are within the Free Ride bus zone (until 7 p.m.), so can venure out a bit more to some local bistros and such :D

Patar: Crowne Plaza a few blocks up the hill but if you are healthy a nice walk. Seattle is a very hilly area. Was built on a landfill icon_smile.gif But the W is on foyrth Ave and I believe within the same price range, they would be better.

Rocks: No on the Summerfield Suites, its up by the hospitals and a taxi or bus would be needed. What price range are you looking in and I'll see what I can recommend.

I lived in Silver Springs for 9 years.

How does someone from Ocala know so much about Seattle? :)

Archived