Another sale on Tuesday

bunchesofun

It seems like all of the cruise lines have the biggest and best sale of the year every week. This past weeks sale was over $300 more for my upcoming Triumph cruise for the same cat, etc. than I paid just 3 weeks ago.

I guess with the sale coming Tuesday, Sunday or Monday the rates will go up making the sale prices seem cheap while in reality you are getting the same prices you could get today.

Or am I just being a skeptic?

Bill

Nope, not a skeptic. I've seem the same thing. Those of us who check prices on an ongoing basis, can see it in spades:rolleyes:

Business is booming. I read on a website yesterday that during the week of February 7th through February 13th Carnival had 163,000 new bookings. Who needs a sale when business is that brisk.

Maybe they figure that everyone who was going to sail has already made reservations and now they have to find others who aren't sure about it?

I check daily for OBC. Cruisus onboardcreditiitus strikes hard.

I guess with the sale coming Tuesday, Sunday or Monday the rates will go up making the sale prices seem cheap while in reality you are getting the same prices you could get today.

Or am I just being a skeptic?

Bill

The price for a balcony on my upcoming cruise went from $519 this morning to $719 this evening. Wow! :eek:

Carnival "Sales" are never ever about lower cruise fares. They are about value added. The last 72 Hour Sale gave the highest possible upgrade when booking the lowest cabin in a category. For instance, if you booked a 4A, the least expensive inside cabin on the Riviera Deck (1) you would be able to get a premium location inside cabin (4F, 4G, 4H) up on one of the higher decks on the ship for the 4A price.

As long as ES is around they can never slash cruise fares without being in the position of repricing, refunding or issuing OBC to the tens of thousands of existing bookings.

That's why Carnival "Sales" are not about price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomsmom viewpost.gif

If we didn't book the ES rate, are we able to get any type of price adjustment if the prices go down?

Quote:

Originally Posted by S.S.Oceanlover

not if you are past final payment but if prices down a lot you could upgrade.

Bill

I thought you could still get OBC even if you were past final payment?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomsmom viewpost.gif

If we didn't book the ES rate, are we able to get any type of price adjustment if the prices go down?

Quote:

Originally Posted by S.S.Oceanlover

not if you are past final payment but if prices down a lot you could upgrade.

Bill

I thought you could still get OBC even if you were past final payment?

not anymore. Used to be true but they changed that a year or so ago.

bill

Business is booming. I read on a website yesterday that during the week of February 7th through February 13th Carnival had 163,000 new bookings. Who needs a sale when business is that brisk.

That was also the week they had the 72 hour sale

Carnival "Sales" are never ever about lower cruise fares. They are about value added. The last 72 Hour Sale gave the highest possible upgrade when booking the lowest cabin in a category. For instance, if you booked a 4A, the least expensive inside cabin on the Riviera Deck (1) you would be able to get a premium location inside cabin (4F, 4G, 4H) up on one of the higher decks on the ship for the 4A price.

As long as ES is around they can never slash cruise fares without being in the position of repricing, refunding or issuing OBC to the tens of thousands of existing bookings.

That's why Carnival "Sales" are not about price.

Well, during that sale time, our cruise fare went a bit lower. Not much but about $20 pp. Every little bit helps!

Sailing on Dream 7/16. Booked 7C (cove balc) @ $2218 (solo) 3 weeks ago. Price dropped for category by $40 last week. This week, pre-sale, fare is up to $2298. Gotta give CCL credit for the new booking "incentives" while minimizing the risk of ES adjustments. Plays the shell game well.

Archived