New Dawn deck plan and family suites with balcony

goodml

[quote name=leekel619;28120951

Poor Klaus' date=' thrown under the bus....

Do you know for certain where the dry dock will be? A while ago we had some discussions on CC and I was hoping it would be in Boston, since I live 10 minutes from the dry dock and I had planned to go and take pictures to post. Then I contacted the owner and he said it wasn't happening in Boston.

I saw a posting it would be in Freeport. Whatever...with all that. I'm booked for May 27, out of Boston. So I certainly hope the engine work doesn't take long! I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this. The more I see a question asked, the more info I gather!

Another post said there's a 6 night cruise on the Dawn right before our May 27. So I was thinking that was a repo from Freeport to Boston???

We've never been on the Dawn, so it will be all new to us, renovations and refittings. I'm POSITIVE we'll have a great time! We always do.[/quote]

I saw the following on Malcomb Olivers blog. There is more if you want to read it. Bahamas it is !!

During a nearly month-long May drydock at Grand Bahama Shipyard, Norwegian Dawn will gain 58 new staterooms, including 28 suites, bringing the double-occupancy capacity of the vessel to 2,332 passengers

we were on the Star for the first time on Feb 5th-12th. We were in one of the new suites on deck 12-12512 penthouse with balcony. It was superb. We loved our stateroom. We didn't miss the spinnaker lounge, since we had never sailed her before. The new spinnaker is large, but also dark. Didn't bother us, we did attend the Captains cocktail party in there.

We found the layout of the ship to be just fine. The suite area was quiet, even tho it was on the pool deck and had the forward elevators(sort of enclosed in a hallway). I found the ship easy to get around on, as we like smaller venues vs the Epic sized ships..It still was alot of walking for me.We liked the ports on the MR cruise Mazatlan was my favorite. Sorry some of you had a frightening experience there. I also would have been scared to death!

We would sail the Star again, thinking about Alaska. Dona

The cigar room is gone, and it was always used when I was on the Star. Big loss... Also there was a Dazzles on the Star (I had dances many a night there!) and it is a noticable differance now that it is gone. I miss the big open Spinnaker too... The new suites are nice, but maybe they could have made less of them, and kept some of the old spaces in tact. I can also say you can tell a difference with the amount of people in Cagney's, for breakfast and lunch now that there is like 20 additional suites. I also never saw my butler, because he had so many cabins to take care of.

The cigar room is gone, and it was always used when I was on the Star. Big loss... Also there was a Dazzles on the Star (I had dances many a night there!) and it is a noticable differance now that it is gone. I miss the big open Spinnaker too... The new suites are nice, but maybe they could have made less of them, and kept some of the old spaces in tact. I can also say you can tell a difference with the amount of people in Cagney's, for breakfast and lunch now that there is like 20 additional suites. I also never saw my butler, because he had so many cabins to take care of.

I have never seen a Dazzles on the Star. Can you tell me where it was ?

When I try to access the plans as they will appear after 5/1/11, I'm brought to a document showing the CURRENT plan, with Spinnaker still forward on deck 12.

Thanks!

I just looked at it at 3:22 pm. I opened the deck plan, went to deck 12, it shows it as it is today, then when I click on the "after 4/27/11 tab" it opens again and shows the new layout.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, the renovations to Norwegian Dawn are going to be very similar to Norwegian Star, particularly on Deck 7. There will be more Family Suites on Dawn and they are bigger with larger balconies. We will be releasing more details in the near future.

There seems to be mixed messages re: suite perks with the SJ category. Will Dawn offer the same suite perks as the Star in this category?

Archived