cc class champange

mgmigs

I do it every time we sail. It's easy, just ask your cabin steward very nicely. Don't expect to get a fantastic bottle of wine in exchange, as the cost of the "champagne" is pretty low. If you want take the bottle to the MDR and exchange it for a better bottle of wine, you can do so and pay the difference in costs.

On our last sailing (Equinox) the sommelier in the dining room would give you a credit towards a bottle of your choice if the champagne/sparkling wine that is in your stateroom is one that is on the ship's wine list.

It depends on the sailing, the management of a particular ship, which complimentary champagne is being used on that sailing and if it is on the wine list. We've both been able to exchange it and been denied. We've also received champagne (actually sparking wine) which is decent and some that was terrible.

Your best bet is to ask your room steward if you want to drink it in your room and the sommelier in the dining room if you'd prefer to drink it there.

We haven't had good luck yet. First cc cabin, we took the bottle home, didn't know you could attempt to switch it out if possible. On our last cruise we tried and asked our room steward. He looked at us with a deer in the headlights and said oh no, I can't do that, can get in trouble. He was horrified we even asked. He wasn't one of our most memorable stewards, not friendly at all. So we ended up drinking it on board. Would have enjoyed a bottle of wine instead. It wasn't that good. This next cruise, we will attempt a third time. Perhaps three times is the charm. If not, I'll mix it with orange juice.

I really wish when booking a cc cabin, celebrity would give you the option of choosing a white, red, or champagne/sparkling wine, as not everyone likes champagne. I know they have their own house red and white, so why not let you have those in place of the champagne?

We were lucky enough to be on a one night 'freebie' on Equinox when she visited Southampton. We were assigned a concierge stateroom, and a bottle of champagne was waiting for us! Now my wife does not drink, and I only had a couple of glass fulls, we always carry a champagne stopper in our roller case, so stoppered it with that.

Next morning, I put the champage bottle in my knapsack, and proceeded ashore. In the lift the stopper came off with a large pop, making everyone in the lift jump, how embarrasing!

Mind you, the 'free'cruise was clever marketing, we have now done or booked 8 cruises with them and will be booking more next month!

Richard

I really wish when booking a cc cabin, celebrity would give you the option of choosing a white, red, or champagne/sparkling wine, as not everyone likes champagne. I know they have their own house red and white, so why not let you have those in place of the champagne?

We're not champagne people either....never ever had one we truly liked and that includes pricey ones. We are going to try and exchange ours on our upcoming cruise as well, but it would really be nice if they gave you a choice of a red or white wine.

Archived