Hump Cabin

ladyjane550

We have had 1604 on Eclipse a couple of times. The forward side of the balcony is the same size as the regular balconies, the rear partition is about 3 feet deeper, giving you a little more space. With the overhang, not a cabin to choose if you want to sunbathe!

On Eclipse, there is a gallery overllooking the library on deck 10, and there is a bookcase on this gallery with a small amount of books in it.

Richard

I just checked the Sticky and 8259 is listed twice as a normal sized balcony.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=185133&d=1297917095

You might want to re-do your copy/paste for the Vista Deck. Somehow it got messed up. The Largest balconies on the angle are as follows on that deck. I double checked, and all the other decks are correct. Don't know how the Vista Deck got turned around.

8197, 8160, 8257, 8253, 8230, 8226, 8279, 8283, 8252, 8256

Wine-O thanks for giving me the correct room numbers. From doing a little research, it appears that the deck plans were originally off by one back in 2009 and has since been straightened out. I'm assuming that's why those other cabins were listed on the Vista deck, due to the incorrect deck plan. I have corrected my list as I frequently post here on cruise critic for those wanting to know about those larger balconies.

Thanks again.

Just a FYI to others looking at the deck plans, all of the cabins on the hump (angled portion) will be larger than the balconies that are not on the angle, just not quite as large as the one's that are listed.

Hey, Kathy,

I've put a hold on 9192 for May 2012 Baltic cruise in order to get a larger balcony. In your posting it's in red-what does that mean?

Valerie (or send an e-mail to woodeast@sbcglobal.net if anyone knows the answer?)

If there's something in red, that's what came up when I did a search and I just copied it over to my Word file. You are correct that 9192 has a larger balcony. Here's what I found in the sticky at the top of the page on that cabin:

Ship - Equinox

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9192

Class – 1A

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Non-connecting and very quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – View was great! No obstructions. Looking forward, you could see the bridge.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized for the class. This balcony is larger than a typical oceanview verandah cabin.

Was wind a problem? No.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? We could hear the tv from the cabin next door....perhaps they had the volume a bit high one evening. The cabin attendant's supply cupboard is next door and we did not even notice! We did have some issues with an overflowing toilet and that was fixed pronto!

Any other comments? It was a very nice cabin. Our only grief was that the sofa caused some issues for us when we accessed the wardrobe closet. The forward elevators are close and we did not notice any noise from them or fellow passengers in the hallway. We would definately stay in this cabin again!

I just checked the Sticky and 8259 is listed twice as a normal sized balcony.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=185133&d=1297917095

You might want to re-do your copy/paste for the Vista Deck. Somehow it got messed up. The Largest balconies on the angle are as follows on that deck. I double checked, and all the other decks are correct. Don't know how the Vista Deck got turned around.

8197, 8160, 8257, 8253, 8230, 8226, 8279, 8283, 8252, 8256

I don't quite understand this. I just booked 8254 on Eclipse based on the sticky thinking it was a Starboard hump aft facing cabin with oversized balcony wioth the bed closer to the bath. Am I wrong?

I don't quite understand this. I just booked 8254 on Eclipse based on the sticky thinking it was a Starboard hump aft facing cabin with oversized balcony wioth the bed closer to the bath. Am I wrong?

You are correct. It is the second balcony on the angle w/bed by bath and large balcony. You will be happy with that room.

• 7 months later...

Hello all,

Have booked AQ Cabin 1606 on the Equinox for our upcoming cruise in April but have just noticed on Adreas Depping XX Large pics of the Equinox that there seems to be some obstructions in front of this cabin (large ladder of some sort) hanging from above. I've looked at the cabin sticky and read comments about cabin 1606 but found nothing specifically related to the Equinox and this particular cabin. I know other posters have asked this question in the past, but could not find answers to their questions.:confused:

Has anyone been in cabin 1606 on the Equinox who could reassure me ?

Thanks.

• 4 months later...
1602 has a standard size balcony. There are no obstructions looking straight out. If you are at the rail looking aft, you will only see the 4 angled staterooms on the hump. Looking forward you will see support beams coming down from the pool deck (12) onto Deck 10. There's one beam every other stateroom veranda.

I noticed you knew a lot about AQ and wanted to ask some questions in case you see this post. I have booked A1, but 1549 with window washing equipment outside in view. I want to change my assignment. If I don't want the least amount of support beam view and bed by bath, any suggestion? Looks like 1602 is bed by bath but has support beam. Assume 1600 will have no support beam but bed by balcony? Is this correct? My choices for booking are 1590-1602, 1564-1570 or 1557, 1561, 1565, 1587, 1591, 1593

Final question, do you think it's better to downgrade to an A2 not to have the overhang??? Eastern Med April 30...don't want to freeze...I'm from Texas! :)

Archived