Mens Shirts in the MDR on Solstice

Maz_1

We are sailing on the Solstice in June. Will my Husband be able to wear short sleeved shirts & Polo shirts in the evening on smart casual nights. Most of his shirts are M&S & very smart, just short sleeved. Or am I going to have to buy him a lot of long sleeved shirts. I would be glad of any advice. Don't want it to spoil the holiday by not being allowed in the MDR :)

We are sailing on the Solstice in June. Will my Husband be able to wear short sleeved shirts & Polo shirts in the evening on smart casual nights. Most of his shirts are M&S & very smart, just short sleeved. Or am I going to have to buy him a lot of long sleeved shirts. I would be glad of any advice. Don't want it to spoil the holiday by not being allowed in the MDR :)

I was also confused and took literally the term "shirt with sleeves" to mean long sleeves. I think what they mean is short or long sleeves but no sleeveless muscle type shirts or tee's. I plan on wearing short sleeve shirts or polo's on smart casual nights.

Tom

Collared shirt, tie and sports jacket are perfect for casual nights.

Ummm, not to start the tired-old formal-wear argument again, but none of those, except maybe a collar, are necessary on smart-casual nights. Heck, I barely get that fancy on formal nights.

You really should check the definition for "smart casual"........... the OP asked whether polo shirts and short sleeved shirts would be appropriate for smart casual nights. YES they are. You do NOT have to dress with a collared shirt, tie and sports jacket if you don't want to.

Why some posters have an agenda about dress codes is beyond me............ the information on X's website is perfectly clear on this issue.

Formal nights are for black tie or a suit.

I like to dress while cruising.

Good for you - dress how you feel is right, I have no problem with that. I do have concerns that you are giving the OP the impression that smart casual involves a collar, a tie and a jacket. A smart pair of slacks and either a short sleeved shirt or a golf/polo shirt is more than acceptable when the dress requirement is smart casual.

I'm not sure what M&S is, but it sounds like he is going to be fine. I have never worn anything but short-sleeved polo shirts in the MDR on non-formal nights.

M&S stands for Marks & Spencer a clothing store.:)

We will be on the Summit different ship but on casual nights are tommy bahama shirts ok to wear. My husband has a ton of them and loves them. Some are just plain solid silk button down short sleeve but some are silk button down short sleeve with beer taps or other prints. He won't pack them if it's not ok. He has other stuff to wear but the Tommy ones are his favorite.

He has a suit, tux and sport jacket so formal nights won't be a problem.

We will be on the Summit different ship but on casual nights are tommy bahama shirts ok to wear. My husband has a ton of them and loves them. Some are just plain solid silk button down short sleeve but some are silk button down short sleeve with beer taps or other prints. He won't pack them if it's not ok. He has other stuff to wear but the Tommy ones are his favorite.

He has a suit, tux and sport jacket so formal nights won't be a problem.

Years ago RCI /X had INFORMAL nites thrown in with casual and formal nights. At that time, my Dh would pack the casual outfits, dark suit or tux AND the sport coat and tie for those informal nights. :eek:

Soooo much easier now with just smart casual and formal. And NEW cruisers to Celebrity complain about that! :rolleyes::confused:

"We've come a long way Baby".....oops...I think I'm showing my age!:D

Archived