Live from the Pearl

Dizziedi

I don't expect and I certainly don't accept second best.

AAH! - And there is the crux of these kind of matters.

Everyone has a personal view of what is "second best". Personal views are then expressed - but what is most important is not what is expressed, but how it is expressed. My view is that "defenders" of P&O here often object to the way some personal views are expressed here. And the way in which specific complaints about specific things then get extrapolated into generalisations about a ship or even worse, a complete cruiseline.

Perhaps we should all look more closely at ship deck plans and have a good "think" about many things (like what is overhead!!!) before we forge ahead with bookings. We should never assume that the most expensive cabins on a cruiseship are necessarily the "best".

Barry

David,

I read with interest your somewhat self-righteous comment to Oskarnz in not wanting to "perpetuate this thread". I assume from that you are suggesting that my review is not worthy of your good self. That in itself is offensive. You suggested that because Oskarnz hasn't cruised P&O he doesn't know what he's talking about. What about having a dig at all the people who haven't cruised specifically on the Pacific Pearl having a dig at me because on this occasion I reviewed the Pearl - the Pearl, not any other ship, just the Pearl because I've cruised on it and because compared to other ships I've cruised on, I didn't rate it, they (and obviously yourself) didn't like it.

The whole point of this forum is for people to put forward their views. He has and so have I. If people don't like that, well too bad. It's our view.

Enjoy your cruise on the Pearl and if you do so enjoy, then that's great, that's your point of view. I don't expect and I certainly don't accept second best.

Cheers

Di

Hi Di,

Firstly, perhaps I should have made myself clearer - I did not wish to perpetuate this thread by opening up a whole load of debate once again when it had already gone on for a while. I actually have no issue with your review, nor did I say that I had a problem with it - your opinion is your opinion. Clearly your opinion of me from the last line of your comment above is that if I do enjoy my cruise on Pacific Pearl then I must be a person that is prepared to accept second best - again that is your opinion, but since you don't know me I am not sure how you can make such a statement!

In terms of my comments on OskaNZ, I was mearly making a comment that he has not cruised with P&O Australia, as such he is not best placed to make a comment on the onboard facilities, ambience, food etc. No I agree I have not cruise on Pacific Pearl but know a number of people who have and I don't anticipate that food, service or entertainment will be so significantly different to that that I have experienced on a number of other ships.

Hope that clarifies my comments, certainly didn't have a problem with your review - in fact I think you said that you had a good time! The final take away though is that those of us who choose to book accomodation anything less than a suite are not worthy of an opinion.

Everyone has a personal view of what is "second best". Personal views are then expressed - but what is most important is not what is expressed, but how it is expressed.

Barry

And there you have it in a nutshell, Barry! :)

In terms of my comments on OskaNZ, I was mearly making a comment that he has not cruised with P&O Australia, as such he is not best placed to make a comment on the onboard facilities, ambience, food etc. No I agree I have not cruise on Pacific Pearl but know a number of people who have and I don't anticipate that food, service or entertainment will be so significantly different to that that I have experienced on a number of other ships.

opinion.

While I didn't really want to add anymore to this thread, I feel that the above comment misquotes me and needed a response.

The only comment I made about the food, entertainment, onboard service and facilities, was that I have heard that they are quite good.

If blocked, over-flowing toilets and noisy cabins relate to 'ambience' then I guess have made comments concerning this.

The main issues I have spoken about link to their mechanical maintenance. As well as that I have issues with false advertising, complaint and media dealings and a few other ways in which their company is run. However this is a whole different story and not something I can be bothered debating over.

I appreciate that I may be able to have a good time on a P&O cruise. However at present I feel like I would be gambling with my money and I'm not a gambler. Am I still entitled to an opinion? Too right, I am.

That really is my finally thought on the matter. Unless of course someone misquotes me again :)

Archived