Qm2 TA in May Sea Conditions?

itstootsie

Are you concerned about the temperature or the sea being rough? If the former it will be very dependent on where you cruise but I know QE@ does a lot of TA crossing that time of year. If that is your cruise, you have a decent chance for warm enough temperatures especially while crossing the Gulf Stream.

If a rough sea is your concern that is a crap shoot on any cruise. May does not have hurricanes which is a plus but it can still be rough, just depends.

Kirk

Thanks KirkNC, we will be crossing Southampton to New York and back. I don't mind rough sea, I never suffer with seasickness, but weather warm enough to sit on balcony in a jacket would be wonderful! I know nature is unpredictable, but was just looking for a general idea! :)

Its not the weather so much as the wind. The QM2 will be going about 25knots, almost 30mph. And if there is a headwind add that to it. Was on a TA in May 2008, one of my table mates had a balcony and said they could not use it because of the wind.

Archived