Millenium Cabin 6131...anyone? anyone?

SuzD123

We just booked our first Celebrity cruise after being loyal RCCL passengers so we're trying to do our homework and get as familiar as possible with "Mille" before stepping on board.

The Sky Suite (S1) and its amenities seemed to be the most comparable to RCCL's Grand Suite (what we've sailed with recently). The rep originally suggested the deck 6 aft S1 cabins that adjoin the Penthouse Suite, but we're not really fans of adjoining rooms. That being said, we've done a little browsing on the CC boards...enough to understand that Cabin 6131/6132 is desirable because of the larger/angled balcony. However, with the elevators being located (according to the deck plan diagrams) across the passageway from the cabin...what is the noise level like? Another question...with the angled balcony, do you lose any privacy to the cabin next door? And is the balcony completely or partially covered?

Can anyone who has stayed in 6131 or 6132 shed some light??

We just booked our first Celebrity cruise after being loyal RCCL passengers so we're trying to do our homework and get as familiar as possible with "Mille" before stepping on board.

The Sky Suite (S1) and its amenities seemed to be the most comparable to RCCL's Grand Suite (what we've sailed with recently). The rep originally suggested the deck 6 aft S1 cabins that adjoin the Penthouse Suite, but we're not really fans of adjoining rooms. That being said, we've done a little browsing on the CC boards...enough to understand that Cabin 6131/6132 is desirable because of the larger/angled balcony. However, with the elevators being located (according to the deck plan diagrams) across the passageway from the cabin...what is the noise level like? Another question...with the angled balcony, do you lose any privacy to the cabin next door? And is the balcony completely or partially covered?

Can anyone who has stayed in 6131 or 6132 shed some light??

I will tell you that 6145 and 6146 have beautimous bathrooms with 2 sinks and a separate shower. They are also wider than the mid-ship SS cabins.

If you play your cards right, you might even get invited to some of the shindigs in the PH....

Plus, it is really quiet down there.... 6131 and 6132 are right by the aft bank of elevators.

I will tell you that 6145 and 6146 have beautimous bathrooms with 2 sinks and a separate shower. They are also wider than the mid-ship SS cabins.

If you play your cards right, you might even get invited to some of the shindigs in the PH....

Plus, it is really quiet down there.... 6131 and 6132 are right by the aft bank of elevators.

Sounds like you've actually stayed in 6145/6146? If so, were there any problems with noise from the PH? I've heard about "shindig" and/or piano noise creeping through the adjoining door.

Just trying to weight it out...elevator proximity v adjoining room

Sounds like you've actually stayed in 6145/6146? If so, were there any problems with noise from the PH? I've heard about "shindig" and/or piano noise creeping through the adjoining door.

Just trying to weight it out...elevator proximity v adjoining room

I actually was in the PH. Cabin 6147. We befriended the couple in the adjoining SS, and asked for a tour. There were 3 GFs with me. The only noise we made was when we had cocktail hour on the veranda; but the neighbors were invited; and showed up too.

When I was in the PH, my brother and his wife were in 6129, which was a lot narrower than 6145. I never did see 6131/6132.

I'm going back into 6147 in Dec on Constellation; and also booked 6146 (waitlisted for adjacent 6145) for my brother and his wife.

What I do try to do before the cruise is to make a list of cabins I want to look at, and on disembarkation day I make a quick run and do just that. Camera is usually with me. The problem nowadays is that, now that I've been in the PH, I don't want anything but that....:eek:

Good luck.

I actually was in the PH. Cabin 6147. We befriended the couple in the adjoining SS, and asked for a tour. There were 3 GFs with me. The only noise we made was when we had cocktail hour on the veranda; but the neighbors were invited; and showed up too.

When I was in the PH, my brother and his wife were in 6129, which was a lot narrower than 6145. I never did see 6131/6132.

I'm going back into 6147 in Dec on Constellation; and also booked 6146 (waitlisted for adjacent 6145) for my brother and his wife.

What I do try to do before the cruise is to make a list of cabins I want to look at, and on disembarkation day I make a quick run and do just that. Camera is usually with me. The problem nowadays is that, now that I've been in the PH, I don't want anything but that....:eek:

Good luck.

Bless your heart and thank you for suggestions/feedback...just got off the phone with the rep and we are now officially booked for 6145. Hopefully we'll have "neighbors" like you when we're on board. :) Can't wait.

Bless your heart and thank you for suggestions/feedback...just got off the phone with the rep and we are now officially booked for 6145. Hopefully we'll have "neighbors" like you when we're on board. :) Can't wait.

Please let me know (via email) how this worked out for you. I am somewhat apprehensive to recommend something, only to have it end up a disaster.

Have a fabulous cruise....

Please let me know (via email) how this worked out for you. I am somewhat apprehensive to recommend something, only to have it end up a disaster.

Have a fabulous cruise....

Definitely will and thank you again. Interestingly, this was the very cabin that the rep initially suggested/recommended so no worries. We were only apprehesive because of the adjoining cabin, but it sounds like we'll be in good shape with no disasters on the itinerary. :)

Archived