sunset beach lockers ?

novellaherman

We are thinking of going to sunset beach in Mo Bay. My question is do they have lockers, a place to put the camera and beach bag if we go swimming? Also if we pre book the day pass through jamaica for a day dot com do they provide the transportation. I read that somewhere on the message boards......if there an additional fee for that? Thanks for your help 58 days and counting down

I was there in June 2007. Our ship ported in Montego Bay and it was literally a 5 minute taxi ride from there. I don't remember if I actually reserved beforehand or paid when I got there, but it was easy to do. We got our own transportation; that would not be included in the price. The resort is very nice. The pool area is huge and amazing. It definitely has the WOW factor, and kids will go nuts when they see it. That pool area with the 2-3 slides and huge ship opened that year. Beach area was nice, although we enjoyed swimming in the pools more; but sitting at the beach looking out at the horizon was very relaxing; The kids used the paddleboats & kayaks, and we all played volleyball. Regular adult pool with swim-up bar was very nice also. Make sure to ask right away when the dining area closes for lunch (we missed the time). There is outside bar food which is edible but nothing to recommend-I was disappointed not to have eaten better indoors. I wish I could tell you about the lockers, sorry, I don't remember, and I don't remember prices either. Everything we did and what we ate and drank, mixed drinks too, was all included. We were a big group, so we lined up our beach chair loungers and just watched out for our stuff. It was a fun, very relaxing day. We all had a great time :)

Thanks for the reply.........I still wish I could find out about the lockers but perhaps I will make plans and get some sort of waterproof necklace thing. Thanks for your help. It really sounds like a nice place

We were just there this past January and unfortunately, there is NO lockers. I guess that's really the only downfall of this resort. We had a great day there. :D

We booked the transportation but I'd advise you not to...it's much easier to just pick up a cab at the port and the cost is much the same. We had a problem that our driver didn't come back for us at the stated time so even though we'd paid for transportation, we had to pay again for a cab back to the ship. It also took ages to find our driver when we got off the ship.. probably lost about half an hour or more just waiting.

It didn't spoil our day at the resort though and it was definitely worth it. We sat on the beach in the morning and there were a few bars open for drinks.. no waiters. At lunch we had a delicious buffet lunch in the hotel then after lunch we sat by the pool with the swim up bar and enjoyed a few more drinks.

Lack of lockers is the only problem.. :( They will take your ship's Sign and Sail card from you when you enter the resort and you will get it back when you leave. We really only had our camera with us as well as a few dollars. They provide towels so no need to bring them from the ship.

Enjoy your day at Sunset if you decide to go! :)

You might want to check out magellans.com. They have some wire lined (cut resistant) bags with a steel cable you can lock to a tree, table, etc. I don't have one but they look pretty neat. Might be worth the $$ if you carry a bunch of expensive toys. I usually carry my rolling day pack with me. If you go swimming hopefully someone in your party can keep and eye on it. Sunset Beach is quite secure (locked, gated property) and there aren't the usual shady characters roaming the beach selling stuff. We went there several years ago on our first cruise, I really liked it. Unfortunately when we went they were renovating a bunch of stuff and had trucks driving along much of the beach which perturbed my DW quite a bit. That should all be done now. I bet you'll have a great time.

Fair winds,

JHC

Archived