Vista Suite only for 2 persons??

huggs

Why, oh why, would a vista suite, with separate bedroom, and a sofa in the other room, and that huge wrap around balcony, only be designated for 2 persons...........what a waste !!!

I know that passenger assignment is also controlled by coast gaurd and maritime law issues...but it really does not make any sense to me that 3 persons could not comfortably share this cabin....It is avaialable for our cruise but we are taking a 3rd person with us...............** sigh*** guess my dream wrap aft cabin will have to wait.....

Some of the VS suites do accommodate 3. We have been in a couple of them with the three of us. Why all of the VS suites do not accommodate three is a mystery to me. Frankly, I prefer the deck 4 suites, but must book one on deck 7 or 8 to get those that accommodate three.

Just a guess, but if you book two in any cabin that holds 3 or 4, you can be bumped if the cruiseline needs one for 3 or 4.

So I'm thinking they have some for just two so people that want a VS for 2 can get one without being bumped.

I agree though, there is a lot of space that would comfortably hold more than two.

We have had the aft suite 7298 on the Legend 3 times (literally just got off the phone booking the 3rd one) and the Pride on the 8th level, can't remember the room number. Each one of these accommodate 3. Love this room as we have taken our grandson on 3 cruises and plenty of room. I wish they had this type of room on other Carnival ships the 2 rooms are awesome:)

The cabin we were looking at were on deck 4 and from pictures that have been posted there is a sofa that could be converted, so it is not a smaller suite than those on the higher decks. ...so the mystery prevails. Perhaps the concept of protecting a vista suite for 2 persons only without risk of being bumped is the reason.

I suspect it has nothing to do with carnival but the lifeboat/jacket assignment by the coast gaurd. I asked the same thing about the larger balcony suites that will only take 2 persons as well and carnival said it was because the it was only assigned 2 life jackets for that cabin...go figure.

Guess we will just have to wait and keep buying our lottery tickets...we had the $ for this cruise from a small inheritance...so not likely we will be able to affort a vista suite again for a long time...............sigh .....

The reason is that due to the configuration of the cabin, some aft-wraps do not have a couch, not enough floor room to put another bed/couch.

The VS Suites aft wrap on Deck 4 sleep 2 people, but the one we were in last year on the Miracle had a couch, large table, 2 chairs and of course the AWSOME balcony. It just depends on what deck you are on. We are booked in another one in October on the Pride leaving out of Baltimore. Cabin on the Miracle was 4228 and Cabin on the Pride will be 4237.

Archived