Did NOT get my FCCs while on board - this new process is a mess

califgary

Not just a Sapphire issue - we didn't get credited from our November Ruby cruise. After about three calls, we found out that it got put on another couple's account with the same last name as us.

Our next cruise is actually on the Sapphire!!!

From what Im gathering we on the Sapphire are more subject to poor customer service by the future cruise consultant than anything. Good luck if you want FCCs on the Sapphire - looks like it is going to take a lot of our own diligence post-cruise dealing with Princess to get our FCCs - so far ive sent an email, reported this on the post-cruise survey, and left a voice message to someone who is supposed to be in charge of issues like this (but she is off today). Hopefully we can get this resolved and move on to planning our next cruise!

Not just a Sapphire issue - we didn't get credited from our November Ruby cruise. After about three calls, we found out that it got put on another couple's account with the same last name as us.

Charged to their credit card or yours?

Spoke with another rep at Princess today..still no show for the FCC on our account. When I asked for Chrysti's phone the rep said she would leave a message on Chrysti's voice mail with my name and phone number. Will wait and see what happens..otherwise I will be calling everyday until the problem gets resolved!!! Whoever started this thread, thank you.

It seems we are all suffering from "Passenger Neglect By Brian". Does this also reflect on the cruise staff of the Sapphire Princess?

I was on 2 different cruiselines this past fall and neither one provided a paper reciept at our cabin. With RCCL they sent the information to my TA who I requested the booking number from. With Princess, it showed up on the website about a week after the cruise. I think eventually they will all go paperless. One thing is nice with Princess is that you can apply the future credit with the same credit card on file. RCCL makes you fill it out on the request.

Hope those waiting get things squared away.

Does this also reflect on the cruise staff of the Sapphire Princess?
Sadly, yes. Not all of them; just those under the management of the CD. I don't know if the Future Cruise Desk is under the CD's management or not, but it's the same lack of professionalism I observed with regards to the CD, Lee Childers, and some (not all) of his staff, from the person in the library chatting and laughing on the phone for 15 minutes while people are waiting to check out or return books to zero response to requests to attend the CC Meet & Greet.

When I went to get my FCCs, there weren't any forms out so I waited in line and filled it out with Brian, so I never really saw the form. He promised that I'd have the confirmation later that day but I didn't get anything until well after I returned home. I just checked my confirmations and they are dated two days after I disembarked. Looks like he didn't process them for 4-5 days.

Spoke with another rep at Princess today..still no show for the FCC on our account. When I asked for Chrysti's phone the rep said she would leave a message on Chrysti's voice mail with my name and phone number. Will wait and see what happens..otherwise I will be calling everyday until the problem gets resolved!!! Whoever started this thread, thank you.

It seems we are all suffering from "Passenger Neglect By Brian". Does this also reflect on the cruise staff of the Sapphire Princess?

Hi grandmaa Im the OP and youre welcome - lets hope those of us still out of luck will get some action here soon! I will give it a day or so before I call again - lets keep up the acitivity with Princess we need those FCCs!

I was just on the Sapphire Princess and submitted my FCC request on day 1 of the cruise because Ive heard of such a mess with how Princess is doing the FCC process. Now home (a great cruise) with no email confirmation, No $200 charge to my bill, no FCCs in my princess account.

Princess is really falling down on the job regarding this process -

It will be billed separately on the credit card you used when you boarded the ship. It's not billed to your room anymore. Be patient, it'll show up!

It will be billed separately on the credit card you used when you boarded the ship. It's not billed to your room anymore. Be patient, it'll show up!

Yes I know that, but Im not on the cruise any more so....shouldnt the FCC's be in myprincess acct by now (there are none), and my credit card has been billed the shipboard acct amt from the cruise but there is no $200 separate charge for the FCCs. Plus since the cruise is over, I would wonder how they can charge the same credit card since Im not on the cruise and I would hate to think they can "look up" what credit card I used - keeping our personal credit card data in their database is trouble waiting to happen (in my opinion). Princess has already acknowledged a problem with this cruise exists - we are just trying to keep them "on it" so the matter can be resolved.

I sent an e mail to the Customer Service Dept. today..as well as making a phone call yesterday and today..still no FCC charge on my credit card or in "My Princess" account.

I will call again tomorrow and the next day until this problem is resolved. Maybe he tossed our requests in the circular file!

I think it is a Sapphire issue as I have not heard this issue on any other ship.

Thankfully, my future cruise credits showed up quickly on my account (and email also) within a day or so. Others have posted problems on the Sapphire.

I agree...have not had a problem on my cruises.

Charged to their credit card or yours?

It was charged to ours but we never got the e-mail etc. It did finally get settled though and the FCC shows up on our Princess account now. Took too much effort to get it resolved IMO though.

You shouldn't have to call, check your credit card charges, jump through hoops or spend your time and effort to receive something you've ordered. Even if the FCC eventually shows up in your personalizer, this is not acceptable. Whenever anything is charged to your card, for whatever reason, you should receive a receipt or acknowledgement within a reasonable period of time. Days later isn't reasonable.

I just sent a e-mail to Princess President Alan Buckelew about this problem I'll let you know if I get a response

I sent one to Customer Service Dept. and it generated a generic e mail back..hope your

e mail letter response is personal and addresses the issue!

I just got a call from Christie who assured me that I would get my credits.She said there was a situation on the Sapphire and to give her a week to get the credits issued.She said she could do another one know but I might get doubled billed. Hopefully you will get a call or e-mail confirming your credits.She was aware of others having the same problem .Tiecrane

I just spoke with a customer relations person who oversees Sapphire post cruise issues. She said Brian is no longer an employee. She took my info and promised to get the credits done by end of week.

Well, maybe Brian knew he was not going to be in that position and just let things slide! I did speak with the Princess rep. again this AM and she said it could take up to 2 weeks for all the paper work to be processed...but if per chance ours was in the "circular file" we would be able to purchase it through Princess because of all the problems on board the Sapphire. Has anyone else received this same response?

My DH and I just came of the Sapphire on Saturday and on day 2 I went to the FC desk and Brian was not there as well, I put a request in the drop box and did not receive a confirmation so the last day I went back and stuffed another FCC slip in the box. I checked my Princess account and none have shown up. I called Princess and I was told that they are experiencing difficulties with the system and it SHOULD appear in about 2 weeks but if I do not see it on my credit card call back and they will reprocess it. This does not help me now when I want to book another cruise for May. Final payment was due for the one I want.

On a funny note while looking for Brian another passenger (Bob) was doing the same, we started talking and decided to sit in Brian’s desk and pretend that he was Brian with me, another passenger came over, and Bob asked him if he could help him. The person said he had a question about FCC, Barry gave him the whole story, and the person put his request in the box. Therefore, Bob did Brian’s job because he was nowhere to be found the entire 7 days.

Seriously Princess you really need to reexamine Brian’s worth with your company.

Vicki

Archived