7 Day from Mobile on Elation

fraz0132

Looking into the Elation cruise in July. I will not need airfare so that makes it pretty cheap. Any advice/pros/cons/information on the Elation? It cruises to Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. Never driven to a port before.

Been on one cruise with Carnival on the Fantasy to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Looking into the Elation cruise in July. I will not need airfare so that makes it pretty cheap. Any advice/pros/cons/information on the Elation? It cruises to Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. Never driven to a port before.

Been on one cruise with Carnival on the Fantasy to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau.

Thanks for any help you can give.

I look forward to the answers that you get. That particular cruise made our short list this year. I think I'd love for it to be our next cruise. It's certainly an affordable trip & departing from Alabama, we could leave our daughter with family!

I just got back from Elation and they were talking about these. If you can drive it probably is a good deal for you. Ship is beautiful. Do it. lol

Iv done the same itinerary on Conquest .. its not bad.

We had all good service on Elation. Any questions..shoot.

Just wondering about ports and excursions. Dining options? We did the late seating a few years ago. This one really seems good. I looked into a few that we would have to fly to Ft. Lauderdale and Port Can. and the cruises plus airfare were about 1200 more than me driving to Mobile. July is the only month we have to take vacations due to our work. We also celebrate our anniversay in July too.

There is anytime dining and there is a serenity area with lounge chairs and hot tubs, no pool down there. It like one deck down from lido. Nice area to read. It is supposed to be no kids.

what kind of things do you want to do. Capt marvin does 1 or 2 stops snorkeling where you can touch the sting rays and a side trip to hell and the turtle farm if you want more in caymans for instance.

jamaica people do all inclusive beachs a lot

We have done the snorkeling in Grand Turk and a sting ray swim in Half moon cay. We are usually up for anything.

The only way to go in Jamaica is with Peat Taylor, IMHO! He offers a number of options that are cheaper than the cruise line, and he is very dependable and good at what he does. Google his name and see what he is currently offering. I also agree that Captain Marvin is the way to go in Grand Cayman. In Coz, the options are too numerous to recommend any one. We are leaving in two weeks on the Elation and have chose to go to Nachi Cocom for the day. We did this itinerary last October on the Elation and highly recommend both the ship, and the itinerary.

DH and I did Elation out of Mobile last August. Love this size ship. Not to big so it is easy to get around, you get really friendly with the crew but still big enough to have quite time or join in to all the activities. Love the Empress deck. Deck you board and disembark from, with your own bar right next to guest services, shore excursions and bottom of the elevators right there mid ship. We like any time dinning because we so seldom get to eat out just the two of us but can ask to sit at a large table if we want to. Also not rushed if we have a late returning outing or can go early if we want to catch an early show and get back to the room before we are too tired, LOL. The port is easy to get too, parking is in a nice high rise deck but you may have to wait in line (in your car) if you are too early or if the ship is late coming back in so the previous passengers can get their cars out of the deck. Happened to us only once.

Boarding and debarking is incredibly easy in Mobile...

Elation is a beautiful ship. She does NOT have all the Evolutions of fun upgrades but will get the slides and balcony additions in November.

But, she will be a wonderful way to do a 7 night cruise and you will have a wonderful time.

The Serenity Deck had the hottest hot tubs I have ever been in and they were very strict on no children allowed. On the Lido the kids will be in the pool and in the tubs. We had about 300 kids on board, but Camp Carnival did a fantastic job of watching them. I never felt they were a problem.

HELP!! Today my final balance is due and I am currently booked on Triumph for May 7th to Belize, Roatan and Cozumel BUT I am having last minute thoughts wondering if ELATION would be better going to Grand CAyman. Montego Bay Jamaica and Cozumel.

If you have been on both and can give me your thoughts I'd appreciate it!!

I am assuming I have til midnight tonight to make changes and pay balance?

THANKS!!

Archived