some question about NCL SUN western carribeian

vols_159

I had a couple questions I wanted to run by everyone before I sail March 19,2011 ON the SUN

1.Is there a lobster night on the sun?

2. Is there a murder mystery show

3. What night is the choclate fest?

4. When is the earliest you can board the Sun?

5. Whats Not to miss on the sun?

6. Best memories of the sun?

7. Best resturant on the sun?

8. Hows the sushi on the sun?

Thanks for all the info!

I had a couple questions I wanted to run by everyone before I sail March 19,2011 ON the SUN

1.Is there a lobster night on the sun? -Yes, but don't remember which night

2. Is there a murder mystery show - I don't remember seeing anything about this and we usually attend all shows.

3. What night is the choclate fest? - There was one, seems like it was Wednesday or Thursday night.

4. When is the earliest you can board the Sun?- We got there about 10:30 and boarded about 11:15 - checked in right away and then waited maybe 15 minutes before we were able to board the ship.

5. Whats Not to miss on the sun? - We enjoyed everything, but we are very easy going and easy to please.

6. Best memories of the sun? - The friendliness of the entire crew. Also, we sailed with a great group of passengers.

7. Best resturant on the sun? - We loved Teppanyaki and Le Bistro. Food in the main dining room was also great.

8. Hows the sushi on the sun? - Sorry, did not try.

GO VOLS!!!

Thanks for all the info![/quote

We really enjoyed sailing on the Sun in December and would sail her again without hesitation. It was just in drydock, so it should be like a branch new ship now. Enjoy your cruise:)!

5. Whats Not to miss on the sun?

7. Best resturant on the sun?

Same answer for these two: Dinner at Il Adagio.

The menu may have gone downmarket, but the room is still lovely; I haven't seen any reports of it being seriously messed about with during the drydock.

The Observation Lounge is another lovely room, for different reasons; and my favourite evening bar is the Windjammer.

1.Is there a lobster night on the sun? Ours was Sunday, the first sea day.

2. Is there a murder mystery show Yes, it was later in the week and $20, but we didn't go - too much other stuff to do!

3. What night is the choclate fest? It was Wednesday - also didn't go, believe it or not! Too tired after our excursion.

4. When is the earliest you can board the Sun? We were on by 12:30 :D

5. Whats Not to miss on the sun? The 2-for-1 martinis in the observation lounge (usually 6:30 - 7:30), tapas in Las Ramblas, and wings in the sports bar.

6. Best memories of the sun? All of them :D

7. Best resturant on the sun? Le Bistro was amazing - Moderno was awesome, too.

8. Hows the sushi on the sun? Didn't have any sushi (although they had a sushi and saki tasting for $15 - didn't go to that, but thought about it). Nice cerviche tapas in Las Ramblas, though.

Thanks for all the info!

Hope that helps!

1.Is there a lobster night on the sun? Yep - but it is not a whole lobster - in October it was a tail served with mahi. That night was also the night they served beef wellington which IMHO is done very well on NCL Sun.

2. Is there a murder mystery show. unhuh, I forget how much pp, maybe $25 but it included champagne at the front end and a glass of wine during dinner. The dinner was a step above the typical MDR fare.

3. What night is the choclate fest? can't remember, we didn't go, everything looks pretty but doesn't taste as good as it looks IMHO.

4. When is the earliest you can board the Sun? LOL, don't ask me, we were on Sun's first PC departure and it was a mess. From reading reviews, they seem to have resolved all their issues.

5. Whats Not to miss on the sun? The Great Outdoors, Il Adiago (even thought I understand the menu isn't what it used to be), Calzone at lunch in Pacific Heigt...um Moderno, bread pudding of the day in the buffet, Muslix on the buffet for breakfast, lunch in the MDR on embarkation day - so much more relaxing than fighting the crowds at the Garden Cafe, progressive trivia, watching sunset from the deck on the balcony in front of the Observation Lounge

6. Best memories of the sun? See #5.:D and when boarding last October being greeted by Pedro the cruise director and being welcomed back aboard. Nice to be remembered.

7. Best resturant on the sun? Il Adiago was.....

8. Hows the sushi on the sun? According to my DDP, it was very good.

Thanks for all the info!

Have a great cruise!

Archived