Public Bus system in Miami Beach

maja

I noticed there's a bus that does a loop around South Beach & also a public bus system that looks like it stops at the Port. We're staying in South Beach & will only have 1 small suitcase each & thinking about using the public bus to reach the port for our cruise. Has anyone done this or used the buses? thanks

I noticed there's a bus that does a loop around South Beach & also a public bus system that looks like it stops at the Port. We're staying in South Beach & will only have 1 small suitcase each & thinking about using the public bus to reach the port for our cruise. Has anyone done this or used the buses? thanks

People have but you have to switch buses downtown.

http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/library/routes/243.pdf

Several buses go from Miami Beach over McArthur Causeway which parallels the cruiseport. I have never figured out where to catch the port bus. Cab around $25 to boat. The real bargain is the Airport Flyer $2.35 bus from airport outside luggage pickup to South Beach. Runs from 11:30 AM to 11:30 ish.Every 1/2 hour. Saves a $40-$45 cab fare to S.Beach. People on Mia. transportation phone line are extra helpful, just call.

Archived