Dolphin or Emerald Mini Suite?

Deb in Markham

We decided against Emerald mini-suites because I was worried about noise from below. Some say they aren't noisy others say yes so I didn't want to take the chance. We loved out Dolphin deck and I would take one again. I have noticed the ones aft on Emerald always seem to be available.

We decided against Emerald mini-suites because I was worried about noise from below. Some say they aren't noisy others say yes so I didn't want to take the chance. We loved out Dolphin deck and I would take one again. I have noticed the ones aft on Emerald always seem to be available.
The only one's I've read about where a few have reported noise from the lounge below are the last one or two mini-suites on the port side as they are directly above the stage, and speakers. I have never heard any noise whatsoever, either from below or in the corridor, in E725. Extremely quiet and private.

I've been in E725 several times on different ships and didn't notice any wind problems other than what I'd expect on a windy day. E728 and E729 on the Golden are just two doors down and the only difference is that the balcony is bigger and extended. It's covered and wind generally goes from front to back when the ship is moving so I don't think there would be appreciably more wind just feet away. Given a choice, I'd opt for E729 as it's not above the vista lounge stage so you probably wouldn't hear noise from there whereas you might in E728.
Here's a photo of the equivalent of E729 on the Sapphire Princess. As you can see, it's covered and protected. I'd guess that the Dolphin mini above would be windier but not the Emerald deck:

Mini%20Extended%20Balconies%201.jpg

Mini-suite%20balconies%201.jpg

We're looking at booking an Emerald deck mini to Hawaii. I've read that E728 and E729 get alot of wind. Wondering about the other minis. Is any one better than the other? Any one stayed in E718 or E719?

If you're talking about E728/729 on the Golden/Star/Grand, I believe those

are the most rear cabins [comparable to E731/730 on theSapphire/Diamond] and we had E731 on the Sapphire once and would

not be interested in booking it again. It was extremely windy compared

to the other Emerald mini cabins which seemed to be more protected

from winds. If my memory hasn't completely failed me, I believe

Toto wasn't that wild about E731 either. :confused:

We have NEVER heard any noise from our Emerald cabin. I know that

some have reported hearing brief noise from the bandstand [port side

of the ship on Emerald on the Grand/Golden/Star] but we've never

heard a thing, and I have supersonic hearing

Archived