Pizza on RCCL?

gsb

Is it really as bad as I'm reading on here?

CCL has freshly made, great pizza--about 7 choices or you can order a "custom" one.

Posts I've read here say on RCCL the pizzas are obviously frozen, and are not very good at all.

I have to echo what the others are saying in that the pizza isn't very good. Of course, it didn't stop me from grabbing a piece late at night after enjoying myself in one of the clubs. Seemed to taste pretty good then!

It's not frozen but it's close as far as taste. It's really not very good, but pizza isn't a high priority for me. I can only compare it to the pizza on Celebrity and that was much better both in taste and variety.

Reggie:D

I was on sovereign in January and I thought the pizza was quite good....maybe a little too good for my waisteline. I am not sure about the other ships. Pizza is one of my favorite foods and having tried many over the years I can definitely say that the pizza on the soveriegn was GOOD.

The coffee on the other hand, well thats another story

It might look like pizza but it sure doesn't taste like pizza. I'm from New York and I know what real pizza that you get from an Italian pizzaria tastes like and it sure ain't that stuff on the ship. I feel bad for people that think that the stuff they get from Pizza Hut or Domino's is actually pizza. Two things they have no idea how to make on a ship, pizza and donuts.

On the Radiance a few weeks ago, you could make your own pizza! They had all the ingredients lined up in the Windjammer and you could choose all of your toppings and then they would top the dough and bake it for you.....it was very good :)

It might look like pizza but it sure doesn't taste like pizza. I'm from New York and I know what real pizza that you get from an Italian pizzaria tastes like and it sure ain't that stuff on the ship. I feel bad for people that think that the stuff they get from Pizza Hut or Domino's is actually pizza. Two things they have no idea how to make on a ship, pizza and donuts.

Can't agree with you more.I'm also from New York City (Staten Island) and I don't care what they call pizza on a cruise ship,it's not pizza.

How funny . . . I guess it just goes to show that taste is a VERY individual thing!

As for myself . . . I lived for a year and a half in Italy, and I've been back four times since then, so I know a thing or two about "authentic" pizza. And in my limited experience with the two cruiselines, RCI was waaaaaaaaaay better than CCL! I've only been on one cruise with each line: Majesty and Victory, respectively, and the pizza on the Majesty was three times better than on the Victory.

So I guess you just have to see what your own tastes are. :)

The pizza on the Jewel last month was very reminiscent of 7-11 pizza around the DC area. Not bad, but not great either. I wouldn't get it at any regular meal (even our catch-as-catch-can WJ lunches), but it was good to have on my late-night roamings when I walked through the Solarium at 1AM.

Oh my gosh...don't take offense to this please but I just saw a stand up comedian who was hysterical and one of his bits was a New Yorker saying that "there is no pizza like in NYC..." etc... I know a few people from New York who totally think that their bagels are the best, their chinese food rocks, etc. I should go there and try it all out!!!

Can't comment on RCCL's pizza yet but I'll let you know...of course it probably won't compare to the pizza in the North End in Boston. ;) :p

I'm a former New Yorker also, been gone over 30 years, but still remember good NY pizza. I was down in Tampa a while ago and they have some good pizza (relocated NYer's mostly). I tried this new place in Largo, FL and when I went to pick it up, I asked if it was a good NY style pizza. I was told its a Chicago pizza. I think the lady saw my disappointment and said that it just like a NY pizza. I thought that was an oxymoron. It was okay but like usual the sauce was very disappointing...tasteless! The other thing I didn't like about it was the corn meal on the bottom. Anybody have pizza on the Splendour?

Pat

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;04;09;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

APR 09 SPLENDOUR OF THE SEAS

Archived