Flight time out of Seattle

kag92

I was facing the same problem with my flight home from seattle. My ship docks at 0800 and I was looking at booking an 11:20 am flight. The time frame was probably quite doable, but I felt more comfortable having more time just in case. So we booked a 2:30 pm flight. Now, if I had had to choose between a 11:20am flight and an 11:20pm flight I would have picked the earlier flight and hoped for the best.

We are having to fly out the day after our cruise. No flights after 9am on SW to our destination. I was quite upset as we already booked our hotel and are spending 3 days before the cruise in Seattle and now another day and 1/2 before we can leave. I don't understand why there is a 3 pm flight on Sun, but not one on Sat.

We are going on a cruise to Alaska July, 2011. I am now looking at booking the airfare. Price of airfare:mad:.

My real questions is could we make a 11:15 departure time?

We are cruising on Carnival.

General rule of thumb is not to book a flight until noon or later. Since you're in a rush, I assume you'll have a cab or towncar waiting and not mess around with buses or light rail.

Since you're supposed to be at the airport 2 hrs before flight time, that means you should be there at 9:15/9:30am. Pier 91 is the furthest away and usually a 30 minute drive but on a weekend with cruise traffic could be an hour. So if you're in the car by 8:30 you'll be fine.

http://www.portseattle.org/seaport/cruise/

BQ - We will be returning on the 5/21 Star and our flight was moved from a 2:30 departure to 12:45. After reading some previous posts, I am thinking we will be fine. Should we self embark as well? What are your thoughts?

thanks

Rhonda

BQ - We will be returning on the 5/21 Star and our flight was moved from a 2:30 departure to 12:45. After reading some previous posts, I am thinking we will be fine. Should we self embark as well? What are your thoughts?

thanks

Rhonda

You should have no problem making this flight with a regular disembarkment- UNLESS, there is a significant delay with the ship clearance.

Archived