Perks for future cruisers?

tata72

When I was booking my cruise the travel agent said I should go to the future cruisers desk and if I put down a deposit for a future cruise they would give us a bunch of freebies.

Does anyone know if this is true? And if so, what does freebies mean? Are we talking a bottle of wine and discounts or no cover charges for the specialty restautrants? Thanks!

We are sailing the Jewel.

When I was booking my cruise the travel agent said I should go to the future cruisers desk and if I put down a deposit for a future cruise they would give us a bunch of freebies.

Does anyone know if this is true? And if so, what does freebies mean? Are we talking a bottle of wine and discounts or no cover charges for the specialty restautrants? Thanks!

We are sailing the Jewel.

It's a great deal....$100 OBC for the cruise your on. Here's a link to the NCL website with the full terms....:)

http://www2.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/cruise-rewards

I wish I took advantage of this offer while I was on my cruise! I sure will on my next cruise!

I know the feeling we did the future cruise credit after our 1st cruise, then didnt for the next 3. Glad we got it last month since it only took me 4 days to book our 2012 cruise:D

I read that your cruise deposit is good for up to 4 years! One question though...since 4 years is a long time and we don't cruise every single year, what if when we decide to cruise again in 2 or 3 years, we decide to go with a different cruise line? Would we get our deposit back?

Put $250 down for a future cruise , get a $100 obc.

The other perk that's not in the link provided by 'Got Tequila' is that the $250 future cruise deposit will hold the cabin for all. If two (or more) are booked in the room, you don't have to pay $250 pp to hold it. So you don't have as much $ tied up right away. In reality you can say you only paid $150 to hold a room.

We always purchase the future cruise reward. Pretty sure you can buy more than one, as well. If you cruise often......

Funny thing, I had used my last FCR to place a deposit for 2012. When I got the statement it said I owed $250 more! So I called and questioned it. The un-informed person on the phone at NCL tried to tell me they no longer had that promo and I still needed to put another $250 down. I argued and quoted what my reward certificate said, I read it to her. Told her I just purchased it a couple months ago. She was like: Sorry, we no longer do that!!

My TA got it all straightened out. I only called NCL first because it was after hours and I was in a rush to get an answer.

You can't always get accurate answers when you call the NCL phone bank. They probably have a million people sitting in a room answering phones all day.

~Cindy

I read that your cruise deposit is good for up to 4 years! One question though...since 4 years is a long time and we don't cruise every single year, what if when we decide to cruise again in 2 or 3 years, we decide to go with a different cruise line? Would we get our deposit back?

No. So if you don't think you'd go back with NCL within 4 years, you better not purchase it.

From what the T&C's state you only have 30days to change your mind. See below.

4. Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits are refundable only within 30 days of purchase, in the amount paid minus the amount of the instant $100 shipboard credit. A Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit can only be applied to a new reservation and otherwise has no cash value and is not redeemable or exchangeable for cash. Cruise Rewards Deposits are transferable at no charge.

The Cruise Rewards Program is a great program and one that we have utilized at least three times. Most recently. in August 2010 we booked a cruise for March 2012 and used the Cruise Reward Deposit of $250 to hold a suite on the Sun. In addition, we were eligible for the "EBR" rate, (Early Booking Rate). That being said, as long as you are interested in cruising with NCL in the near future, it is a win-win decision to take advantage of this program. Also, as far as perks are concerned, after your first cruise you automatically become a Lattitudes Member with NCL and there are various perks in that program as well. For example, a cocktail party with the crew on your next cruise. :)

We won't be purchasing it then. Not sure which cruiseline we will cruise with next, and after this summer, we very well may not cruise again until 2015! We go to Disney World every other year and stay in our timeshare ("even" years...next trip there is in summer 2012), and the years in between we do a different vacation. Not sure if we will do a cruise in 2013. Definitely by 2015 though, but just to be safe, I won't put a deposit on a future cruise in case we go with a different line.

Now watch...we will end up cruising with NCL again anyway! :)

The reason they give you $100 is to encourage you to sail with them again. If you were able to get your money back, it would not make sense.

So, yes, it is only good if you cruise with NCL again.

And, before somebody asks - it is ONE certificate applied to ONE cabin. You can buy as many as you want, but only one can be used per cabin.

The other perk that's not in the link provided by 'Got Tequila' is that the $250 future cruise deposit will hold the cabin for all. If two (or more) are booked in the room, you don't have to pay $250 pp to hold it. So you don't have as much $ tied up right away. In reality you can say you only paid $150 to hold a room.

We always purchase the future cruise reward. Pretty sure you can buy more than one, as well. If you cruise often......

Funny thing, I had used my last FCR to place a deposit for 2012. When I got the statement it said I owed $250 more! So I called and questioned it. The un-informed person on the phone at NCL tried to tell me they no longer had that promo and I still needed to put another $250 down. I argued and quoted what my reward certificate said, I read it to her. Told her I just purchased it a couple months ago. She was like: Sorry, we no longer do that!!

My TA got it all straightened out. I only called NCL first because it was after hours and I was in a rush to get an answer.

You can't always get accurate answers when you call the NCL phone bank. They probably have a million people sitting in a room answering phones all day.

~Cindy

Actually I believe this has to do with the cabin that you book. We used our FC to book a suite for next year and the normal deposit is $500, my PCC had to get a supervior approval to waive the additional $250.

Actually I believe this has to do with the cabin that you book. We used our FC to book a suite for next year and the normal deposit is $500, my PCC had to get a supervior approval to waive the additional $250.

Your PCC was wrong if you are in an "ordinary" suite. No supervisor approval was required, and the supervisor probably just told your PCC that it was good for your full deposit and didn't actually waive anything. It serves as full deposit for all but "specialty" suites and villas...which have a higher deposit requirements and different cancellation penalties. I used my FCR for a deposit in a penthouse suite on my next cruise that would have cost $800 without the FCR. Post #3 has a link to the page that can link you to the terms and conditions.

Your PCC was wrong if you are in an "ordinary" suite. No supervisor approval was required, and the supervisor probably just told your PCC that it was good for your full deposit and didn't actually waive anything. It serves as full deposit for all but "specialty" suites and villas...which have a higher deposit requirements and different cancellation penalties. I used my FCR for a deposit in a penthouse suite on my next cruise that would have cost $800 without the FCR. Post #3 has a link to the page that can link you to the terms and conditions.

And for me, it was a balcony I was in when I bought the FCR, and a balcony I booked for my future cruise. The cruise reward certificate clearly states what the deal is. For some reason the person at NCL had no idea. She just kept arguing that promo was no longer available and the certificate was no good. I needed to send another $250 to hold the cabin. I just called my TA the next morning. Simple.

Last year I was checking MY NCL one night. (It started because our bank account had a strange deposit of $250 that we couldn't figure out where it came from.)

At MY NCL, I noticed my cruise was gone. Nothing. I tried entering the reservation number and everything. It kept making a loud beep and saying Reservation not found. We had this thing booked for about 7 months at this point.

NCL reservations was closed. I hardly slept all night and first thing in the morning I called my TA. She checked into it and sure enough, NCL had cancelled my cruise. Without any questions or notifications. Their reason: They thought I was double booked. Weird story. Luckily they hadn't given my AFT balcony away yet and I was 'rebooked' and my account re-debited. If I hadn't noticed...gone online and checked in at MY NCL, I may have tried to make the final payment in a few months and have been told I wasn't booked and the ship was sold out.

Whatever. That stress was all for nothing. NCL ended up cancelling the entire ship and the two cruises after that, about two months later. For the Dawn dry dock.

I love NCL though. I just had those two little problems. But I just deal with my TA. She gets very upset communicating with the people on the phones at NCL. All her associates do and she's in a large agency.

~Cindy

We won't be purchasing it then. Not sure which cruiseline we will cruise with next, and after this summer, we very well may not cruise again until 2015! We go to Disney World every other year and stay in our timeshare ("even" years...next trip there is in summer 2012), and the years in between we do a different vacation. Not sure if we will do a cruise in 2013. Definitely by 2015 though, but just to be safe, I won't put a deposit on a future cruise in case we go with a different line.

Now watch...we will end up cruising with NCL again anyway! :)

Ask about the FCC anyway. If you can't use it in the future, it's transferable. And you'd still get the $100 OBC.

to the OP,

If you MIGHT not use the certificate, you can always transfer it to someone else, no penalty or GIFT it. You still get the $100 OBC directly and someone else would be happy with the deposit taken care of when booking!

Just something else to think about. ;)

camz,

Can you tell me more about the EBR? I recently qualified for this, as we booked within 2 weeks of getting off the ship, (and we did the last time, too!) but I was unaware of it until we booked. I got it the last time, too, but it went away when we called our PCC to qualify for a lower rate.

We just filled out the paperwork that was delivered to the cabin, didn't go to the big sales talk, so I guess we missed out on the learning.

Glad we got it, but if you know the details, would like to have them explained.

thanx

camz' date='

Can you tell me more about the EBR? I recently qualified for this, as we booked within 2 weeks of getting off the ship, (and we did the last time, too!) but I was unaware of it until we booked. I got it the last time, too, but it went away when we called our PCC to qualify for a lower rate.

We just filled out the paperwork that was delivered to the cabin, didn't go to the big sales talk, so I guess we missed out on the learning.

Glad we got it, but if you know the details, would like to have them explained.

thanx[/quote']

The EBR has nothing to do with whether you purchased a FCR or when your cruise ended. It is a rate that is offered for passengers who book their cruise within an unspecified time after ther cruise first becomes available for sale. EBR = Early Booking Rate. For example we booked our upcoming cruise on the Jade within days of when the cruise was first offered for sale and got a price that is significantly cheaper than any price that has been published since shortly after we booked.

• 2 weeks later...

It is very clear that if you don't cruise within four years that you loose the money and it is only good on NCL although I think you can transfer it to another person.

I keep seeing this as an incentive stating that you get $100 free onboard credit but I'm buying a future cruise certificate so won't it actually be reflected in my onboard account as -$150 rather than a +$100 credit.

I understand I'm getting $250 for the cost of $150 - I'm just not sure my husband will see that +$150 on our onboard account as a "credit". Does that make sense?

Archived