Zip-Lining...was told i have to book thru cruise ship??

nyc1967

i thought i could book directly with the Canopy Tour - since on RCCL kids need to be 12 but on the website directly it says 7 years old. My kids will be 9 and 11 - i send an email and they said u have to go thru the ship. Did u book private? with who?

thanks

lisa

Many times the ships will contract with an excursion provider and you will have no choice other than to book thru the ship..The zipline my family did in San Juan with the Original Canopy Tour was one of these times...I would just book with the ship and play it by ear as far as the age of your son goes, then speak with the excursion desk when you get onboard..Hopefully they will let you just sign a waiver..Hope your son is able to participate in this fun experience...

Most excursion companies who work with the cruise lines will NOT allow this as they risk their relationship with the cruiselines and that steady source of, albeit discounted revenue.

If the cruiseline charges you $70 the vendor probably gets $45 - $50, but they get lots of guests and no hassle since they don't have to actively solicit via the web, advertising, etc. In return, the cruiseline will not allow them to book independenly.

Archived