Fort Lauderdale

vanclan

Does anyone know what hotels might come up on priceline in the FL downtown, and beaches area in a lower category and whether they are decent.

We are trying to decide whether to go a low cost motel pre cruise (2 nightsin early November) or whether to go all out and try for a marriot. (We have a $100.00 Marriot coupon we could use for "incidentals" if we could get a marriot. Anyone know any tips to make it more likely to get a Marriot.

We want to spend time on the Riverwalk, and water taxi and so thought it would likely be most cost saving to take a hotel downotown or beaches rather than out by airport /cruise port.

any advice or help is GREATLY appreciated

Agree with Suekay, check out that web site and also check out www.biddingforfun.com another good web site.

Just to let you know, I tried priceline for the first time last September for a room in Ft. Lauderdale for this past March. Bid 3* downtown and received the Marriott for $52 for the night, if that's any help. But you have to know, there is not guarantee on which hotel you are going to receive and once your bid is accepted, your charge card is charged immediately, you cannot cancel, change or put this reservation in anyone else's name.

Good luck, hope this helps.

I just bid tonight for Oct. I got the 4* Renaissance downtown for $75 a night. I'm pretty happy with that.

doris

"I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine"--Caskie Stinnett

Elation 10/20/02

Paradise 9/21/03

Star Princess 10/24/04

Vanclan, I too am leaving out of Fort Lauderdale in early November and am planning a 2 day pre-cruise stay. I am leaving on the Carnival Legend on November 3, 2004. I plan on bidding on a 4* beach hotel on priceline or hotwire. I've stayed in some of the hotels in Fort Lauderdale and most leave a lot to be desired. I guess it may be due to the fact that Fort Lauderdale is spring break central. Anyway, post whatever you come up with. Thanks

Archived