What cabin will work for our family of 3 on FreedomOTS?

Laurie12820

DH and I are planning on taking our next cruise on a Freedom class ship next Summer (2012). This will be the first cruise we will take with DD. DD will be just about 3 years old at the time. We aren't looking to break the bank so suites and most likely balconies will not an option. I know RCCL usually doesn't post prices of Family Interiors, Family Promenades or Family Oceanviews online but we are interested in these types of rooms. What do the prices usually run at for these cabins in the Summer? Are they comparable to a Balcony? More? Less? Would having a normal OV room be big enough? Thoughts? :confused:

You really need to call RCI for prices....they can vary from sailing to sailing....and, by calling, you can compare ALL of the suitable cabin types for your specific time-frame. It's an easy phone call....just make sure you have the deckplans in front of you...you should know what you're paying for!

You really need to call RCI for prices....they can vary from sailing to sailing....and, by calling, you can compare ALL of the suitable cabin types for your specific time-frame. It's an easy phone call....just make sure you have the deckplans in front of you...you should know what you're paying for!

I am definitely planning on doing that, but the Summer 2012 hasn't been release for the Freedom Class yet. Was just trying to get a rough estimate and an idea if a regular OV cabin could work for us.

We just stayed in a balcony with our "just turned" 4 year old and had a pull out sofa bed. I'm not sure what the OV or Interiors would have. You should review deck plans and make sure you are getting a sofa bed instead of the upper bunk style beds. Not sure of prices for the summer, but you could do a search looking at prices for this summer.

I've taken a cruise with 2 young children (age 6 mos and 3) and stayed in a standard interior room, and will do it agian this fall. It wasn't exactly spacious, but it was perfectly fine for us. We didn't spend a lot of time in the room.

Tip: if your kid is excited about the opportunity to sleep in a sleeping bag, as mine are, this is a good time to try it. It will give you a little more flexibility.

RCI won't book a family cabin to a family of less than 5 unless they're desperate for bookings. The cost is generally the same as an owner's suite for the first two and then less for the next 3 or 4.

Personally, I do wish that RCI had more of these cabins available for smaller families. We're 4, but none of us sleep together, except on a cruise. :rolleyes:

Archived