Upgrade with TA

agc291

I booked with a TA in November, which was ES pricing but we were assigned a room. From my understanding if you pick your room instead of letting them pick your location you do not get ES so no OBC for price drops. Is this different if you book through a TA or am I out of luck? I looked last night and my cruise has dropped significantly in price and I emailed her regarding getting an upgrade to a balcony or window room since the prices have dropped. Since I am already paid in full do I still need to go through her or am I able to contact Carnival regarding questions or upgrades?

If you are ES, then YOU picked your cabin. If you booked a gty, then you are not booked ES.

If you booked ES then you can have the TA put in for the rate drop, unless they dont want to (sorry you picked the TA, so you have to go thru them).

If prices have dropped and there is another category that matches what you paid ask the TA to get you a upgrade.

The TA is getting paid to handle your booking ...commission, so thats why Carnival isnt going to talk to you, you gave up control by choosing to use the TA.

Is there a way to look which she picked for us on our cruise documents? I know she picked a room, but Im not sure if she booked a gty...is this guarantee? The room she picked was state room 1040 which has been the same since we made our deposit.

If you are ES, then YOU picked your cabin. If you booked a gty, then you are not booked ES.

Sorry this is what I am confused about. You said you can still pick your cabin and be ES, but not if she booked us a GTY. You are very informative thanks!

Sorry this is what I am confused about. You said you can still pick your cabin and be ES, but not if she booked us a GTY. You are very informative thanks!

You said you were ASSIGNED a cabin..ES you are not assigned a cabin, but now I think you might be ES, but you told the TA to pick.

ES you have to pick a cabin.

GTY = guarantee, which can be cheaper, but you are allowing carnival to choose your cabin...which now I dont think is what you meant.

sorry

fun saver rate for instance is only guarantees, so is pack n go rates.

OH! sorry new to this! next time we will book on our own and save ourselves the trouble of going through someone else. Thanks for all your help and patience!

We've booked both through a travel agent & with a PVP from Carnival. I actually prefer the PVP. I had an issue with my reservation & she handled it. I emailed her today about a reduced rate since we booked ES & she's looking into the OBC for me. It's been a really great experience.

Archived