Ncl sun - western carib - excursions for kids

jackinthebox422

Going to W Carib and going to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Ochos Rios and GSC. Have 3 kids ,16, 12 and 8 and all want ot know what should be skipped and those not to be missed.

1. Is it better to do the Ruins in Cozumel through NCL or outside group? Any ideas?

2. Grand Cayman - ideas?

3. Ochos Rios - Dunns River?

We are traveling as a goup of 10 from 68 - 8 - trying to provide things we all can do, but the kids are very athletic and ruins and water falls are there thing. Any shopping or retuarants that shouldn;t be missed for the older crowd?

Any help, thanks it means alott.

:D

I'd love to hear responses to this one too. We'll be travelling on 10 December, with a 12 year-old and, I've already booked a private tour in Ocho Rios, following recommendations found on the excursions board. In fact, that's probably the best place to look for this type of info but, since the OP asked, and this hasn't been moved, I'll second the request for recommendations.

Going to W Carib and going to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Ochos Rios and GSC. Have 3 kids ,16, 12 and 8 and all want ot know what should be skipped and those not to be missed.

1. Is it better to do the Ruins in Cozumel through NCL or outside group? Any ideas?

2. Grand Cayman - ideas?

3. Ochos Rios - Dunns River?

We are traveling as a goup of 10 from 68 - 8 - trying to provide things we all can do, but the kids are very athletic and ruins and water falls are there thing. Any shopping or retuarants that shouldn;t be missed for the older crowd?

Any help, thanks it means alott.

:D

You don't always need to book an excursion... just take a cab.

Cozumel: I've done the reef dive and beach break with lunch. Was awesome - got stuffed and had time in town after. My second visit we just paid $10 and went to the beach of Carlos and Charlie's - awesome.

Grand Cayman: cheap cab ride to a beach up on the gold coast. I want to say Sea Grape?

Ocho Rios: you def. want to go to the falls. Kids will LOVE it. Just make sure you watch your feet and take your time. If you're too scare to crimb them, just hang out by the beach at the bottom.

I've done the falls... but I should point out, you are literally climbing UP the middle of the falls and you hold hands to keep from falling... I wouldn't recommend it for older people, it was definitely like a level 3 activity. Mom got out half-way through and went up the stairs. I had trouble and has to be assisted by some nice men in our group. (one about my age who was death or his wife was death, can't remember which, been a few years, and the other was older and very strong) I enjoyed it, but can't say I would do it again...

just wanted you to be aware, as we were NOT told/aware of the strenuousness of the activity and that you were climbing in the middle of the falls (we thought it would be stairs beside it for some reason...oh, I know, maybe because MOST falls are like that...)

For G.C., I'd say skip butterfly farm. If any of your kids have interests in turtles, go to the turtle farm. You can do this on your own in a relatively short time then the beach. They let you hold turtles. As others have said, the beach is an option as well - but then again there is also Hell. But Hell is pretty small so I'd say not a must see.

We were in Ocho Rios a long time ago and thought it was fun, but as said above, it is a more active adventure to actually traverse the falls.

For G.C., I'd say skip butterfly farm. If any of your kids have interests in turtles, go to the turtle farm. You can do this on your own in a relatively short time then the beach. They let you hold turtles. As others have said, the beach is an option as well - but then again there is also Hell. But Hell is pretty small so I'd say not a must see.

We were in Ocho Rios a long time ago and thought it was fun, but as said above, it is a more active adventure to actually traverse the falls.

7 mile Beach was nice and a short cab ride, we did that and snorkeled there and then went to hell... ;)

it was fun...

Archived