Advice on wetting the bed needed!!

decoste45

Hi all,

We are going on a 10 night HAL cruise in one month! We are getting very excited. ;o)

At home I have a mattress protector under the bed sheet in case my ds pees through his pull ups. He is 3 1/2 and I put 2 night time pull ups on him. Some nights, he will pee out of them and wet the bed... hence the matress protector underneath.

So, my question is: Have any of you dealt with this potential issue on a cruise? I am not sure what to do. I know that I do NOT want this to happen on the ship. We plan on letting ds share the bed with us.

Should I bring a matress protector and tell the room steward that we will have this under the sheet just in case? I would hate for anything to happen to the HAL's bed!!

Advice?

Thank you!:D

You could take disposable under-pads. They sell them in the drug store. They are like the ones they give you in the hospital to keep the bed from getting messy. They come in different sizes. I used to buy them for changing pads when my kids were newborns. They saved me from doing a lot of laundry from messy diaper changes. That way, when DS has an accident, you can just throw it away, no worries.

We always bring along a couple of these when we travel. They're the same idea as the disposable chux pads mentioned earlier, except they're washable.

Our son is only 6 months old, but they come in handy for a diaper changing area or a play mat.

He has tested them our for us several times, and they work great! ;)

My DS is still wet more often than not at night and he usually leaks through the pull-ups. So on our most recent cruise we brought night time diapers which work so much better. He didn't mind. Plus we were going to bed later than at home so he was usually dry in the am.

My son is also 3.5 and pees heavily at night, and was constantly peeing through normal diapers, so we switched to special night time diapers (not pull-ups), I think they have them for kids up to 5 or 6, and the bigger it is the more room there is for the pee, and he hasn't peed through since. Since he's sleeping with his grandparents on the cruise and often sleeps with us at home, we needed a solution that was more self-contained rather than mattress-specific. So, maybe for the cruise you can experiment with more "serious" diapers for night-time, if your son wouldn't mind.

Archived