Towel hogs

DrSch

Well, this happened to me a number of years ago on the Caribbean Princess. My husband & I were looking for a chair and of course they were all "taken". I watched and found 2 great chairs that no one had come back to for an hour. So, I placed their towels someplace behind the chairs. Well, after about 2 hours of enjoying the sun, we went into the pool. I glanced over towards our chairs and saw some guy taking our stuff off of the chairs and actually throwing the stuff behind him! I jumped out of the pool and got into the biggest screaming match with the guy; I thought he was going to punch me! My husband (the brave soul) went to get help! Well, eventually the guy left, but he was really peaved! My advice would be to have one of the pool attendants remove the chair hogs' belongings! But I agree, something more has to be done on this subject. It is so frustrating to try and find a chair and 80% them are "reserved".

79.9% after I'm done removing the towles on the chair I plan to use.....

Bob

I did not see anything like that.

The people have gotten quite brazen about it.. They put their books and personal belongings on the chairs as well, and some use these huge clothes pins to hold the towels to the chairs

Yes, I cruised a couple years back on the CROWN PRINCESS, and they do leave belongings too... its very frustrating... im going on another cruise in 2 weeks... and im abiding to the 20 min rule.. i might even be nice and give them 30 mins... Its very rude to do that, and everyone is on vacation, so I dont see why people have trouble sharing..

Archived