Muster Drills/life jackets?

cruzwpj

Wow! When did this change? I went on a cruise in Sept 09 and they made you wear the life jacket to the drill.

On our cruise in Spring of last year, had to wear them. Glad to hear they are no longer required. They are SO uncomfortable.

On our cruise in Spring of last year, had to wear them. Glad to hear they are no longer required. They are SO uncomfortable.

I didn't think they were uncomfortable at all, that orange color though clashed horribly every time I tried to match it up with my outfit. Was going to try to find something this year before cruising to match my outfit for this very important ship gathering when I read right here that we wouldn't have to wear the orange accessory!! Saved enough money on that outfit to buy several DODs:)

We had to wear them in April 09, but not October 09. They did make for great photo ops, though!

Yes-some good photo ops over the years. I remember a line from the Titanic movie of yesteryear, the one with Clifton Webb and Barbara Stanwick (sp?). He said to her that, in their life jackets, they look like "tweedle dee and tweedle dum." That's what I thought of every time we donned them for muster.

This is the reason why Carnival is nolonger asking the cruisers to use their life-jackets: When the Muster Drill is over...some people have fallen backwards and injured themselves when they step on someone's life-jacket's long string that is being dragged on the floor.

This info was given to me by a crew worker on the Splendor. They said there were too many accidents. People were tripping on them and causing them to fall down.

This is the reason why Carnival is nolonger asking the cruisers to use their life-jackets: When the Muster Drill is over...some people have fallen backwards and injured themselves when they step on someone's life-jacket's long string that is being dragged on the floor.

This info was given to me by a crew worker on the Splendor. They said there were too many accidents. People were tripping on them and causing them to fall down.

That's why you should never get wasted BEFORE muster drill..... :rolleyes:

We just got off the Liberty last Saturday and did not have to bring our life vests to the drill.

Not to mention the diseases spread by idiots putting the whistle in their mouths. ;)

Yes-some good photo ops over the years. I remember a line from the Titanic movie of yesteryear, the one with Clifton Webb and Barbara Stanwick (sp?). He said to her that, in their life jackets, they look like "tweedle dee and tweedle dum." That's what I thought of every time we donned them for muster.

Oh yeah, I remember that one!!!!

what ever will they do if a real emergency arises.

that is not the reason they changed.

the same with life jackets on a crashing plane.

:D Never thought about that one. Course I always wonder if the only reason they had you put your head between your knees when you crash is to kiss your rear end goodbye, and so when they collect the body your head would be intact (though inside your rear end) so they could identify you.

Archived