Is there a "perfect" Royal Caribbean cruise length?

ryano

Our shortest was our 1st at 10 days, since then, we have done 11 to 14 days. Our longest was in 2006 on a 17 night full transit Panama from FT Laud back to Seattle, Wash, that was great. This Oct 2011 we will be doing our 1st TA cruise and can't wait. We love the longer cruises as it allows more time to relax and see the sights. For us to travel from the West Coast, 7 days isn't worth paying air fare for.

This will be our first cruise since we got our dog. Last vacation (to the beach) she came along with us. Luckily, she is going to stay with some good friends (and animal lovers) so I'm not worried about her while we are away for 12 days, but I will miss her. 12 days is probably the most we can manage away from work and other commitments right now.

We are anxiously awaiting our first cruise. We jumped in whole hog; a 10 night in a grand suite. Just 260 more days....I can't wait!

COOL! You'll love the Explorer. We are going on it again this December for the 12 nighter. Some say the ship is a little worn, but I think it was pretty nice considering its constant running year-round. At least it's not blowing engines like some other ships out there. As far as opinion on length of cruise: I always tell people who havn't cruised yet to try a somewhat shorter cruise in case the ocean just isn't for you. If you love it, get as long as a cruise as you can afford, it's still the best vacation per dollar.

Have fun!

We did a 32 day repositioning from Australia to LA, thought it was about a week too long.

We did a 26 day Australia to Vancouver and I thought that the last 5 days were too long, Hawaii to Vancouver.

I would like to hear from people that do these 90 day around the world cruises for me that would be too long to be on a ship. I wonder what it's like if you don't like your table mates and your stuck with them from 3 months?

We have been lucky on all of our cruises, the table mates have been the best.

For me, 2 to 3 weeks is ideal. We did one 30 day cruise, and it was a few days too long. Last year, we did a B2B (10 days total) on the Navigator, then had 4 days on land, then boarded the Liberty for a 7 night cruise. It was a great vacation.

This October, we are doing Oasis, the 1 overnight in FLL, then boarding the Allure. Thought it would be better to do B2B Oasis/Allure, rather than 2 weeks on the same ship, to see the entertainment on each ship. We will enjoy the ships amenities, rather than the port amenities on these cruises.

We did a 14 night repo from NYC to Miami Nov/2009, and it wasn't long enough! 3 weeks is ideal to me. After that, I start to miss my kitties (which go to my mom's while we are gone) and now we have a grandson to visit too!

Eventually, I would like to go over to Austrailia, and the South Pacific again, and that will entail more than 3 weeks on a ship, but that will be ok!

• 2 weeks later...

I think how long the cruise feels depends on many factors. We have done a 4 night cruise which seemed like no sooner got on and it was time to get off. We did a 9 might out of NJ in January. Yepp... January,. The last 2 plus days coming home were so looooonnngg due to the colder weather. It really changed things not wanting to go out on deck in cold and snow :p We like to break up our vacation time during the year. We prefer to do 2 cruises than back to back cruises. No matter the length... it is a great time :)

I think between 11 and 14 nights is perfect. I did several 7 nights, but then did 2 seven nights for a back to back. I was SO much more relaxed. I had TIME to enjoy things, and not be trying to cram everything into 7 days. Around day 13 we were missing our pets and the space that home has. So, that is when we decided that anything between 11 and 14 is about perfect.

Archived