Two Questions Re: Victory (72 Hr Upgrade Sale & Drinks)

SugarKristals

Hi Everyone!

We are planning on heading out of San Juan on the Victory Caribbean cruise in May and I wanted to know... for those of you who have been able to choose your rooms, we are planning on an inside cabin. How high should we go? We can get Deck 7, 8, 9 and P for the regular Dec 1 & 2 price as part of the 72 Hour Sale. All of these are FWD.

We can also get Deck 6, 7 or 8 as AFT. Which is best?

Second, I see there are some disagreements about what is free to drink on the ship. Is it water, coffee, tea, lemonade and milk or is milk really hard to find?

Finally, is it OK if I bring some bottled water and bottled soda in my suitcase? (Pop is just if I get seasick)

Thanks so much! Lori

12 nonalchoholic drinks per person in your CARRY ON only. (just to clear it up since you said suitcase, depends if its a carry on or not).

the water onboard is fine to drink, except one time in 2006.

I wouldnt pay extra to be on a higher deck, but I would love Lido deck. Or one deck above or below if its a free upgrades. I want to be on the buffet and pool deck or close if it doesnt cost extra. Just make sure you dont get below the main pool.

Hi Everyone!

We are planning on heading out of San Juan on the Victory Caribbean cruise in May and I wanted to know... for those of you who have been able to choose your rooms, we are planning on an inside cabin. How high should we go? We can get Deck 7, 8, 9 and P for the regular Dec 1 & 2 price as part of the 72 Hour Sale. All of these are FWD. If you can get one of the 4J's, they have a full size window looking out on a forward deck. We had 9203, loved it

We can also get Deck 6, 7 or 8 as AFT. Which is best?

Second, I see there are some disagreements about what is free to drink on the ship. Is it water, coffee, tea, lemonade and milk or is milk really hard to find? Coffee, tea lemonade can be had at anytime, milk in the mourning, but hard to find at lunch.

Finally, is it OK if I bring some bottled water and bottled soda in my suitcase? (Pop is just if I get seasick) You can bring onboard, but they say in your carry-on, not in checked luggage.

Thanks so much! Lori

Happy cruising...

Happy cruising...

Hey there welldone, glad to hear the good review on cabin 9203 as that's the cabin we will have on our Victory cruise. We always bring some bottled water and soft drinks on board but usually drink ice tea at dinner and coffee or juice at breakfast. Being close to the Lido deck can be very convenient for getting to the buffet quickly. We prefer to be forward as opposed to aft, just personal preference.

Hey there welldone, glad to hear the good review on cabin 9203 as that's the cabin we will have on our Victory cruise. We always bring some bottled water and soft drinks on board but usually drink ice tea at dinner and coffee or juice at breakfast. Being close to the Lido deck can be very convenient for getting to the buffet quickly. We prefer to be forward as opposed to aft, just personal preference.

smurfm69....Here is a link to a few pics of Victory 9203

http://photobucket.com/victory9203

12 nonalchoholic drinks per person in your CARRY ON only. (just to clear it up since you said suitcase, depends if its a carry on or not).

I have brought on soda twice in regular suitcases (not carryons) and never had a problem....is this a new rule?

hmmm...both times were last year! I guess I got lucky then!

Carnival says in carry-on only, but I have not seen anyone complain about them taking it away from thier checked luggage. We just sailed the dream and saw cases of water being checked with the porters with just a cabin tag attached.

We're headed out on May 15th, just booked today. Unfortunately, we just missed the 72 hour sale, but still happy with the price we paid. I am crossing my fingers to get anytime dining... but if we end up staying with the 815pm dining, are there any tables for two or will we definitely be at a full table?

Thanks!

Thanks! this is the room we have on the Victory on 05/01/11. :D

Thanks for the pics welldone and take good care of the room Lyncoya since we will have it right after you. lol This will be our first time in a cat 4J cabin. We always get regular balcony cabins but this is a lot cheaper and although it is a public area, it's usually not that crowded. It's like having a big front porch, and it's accessible by just a few steps out your cabin door into the hallway. Hope everyone has a great cruise!!

Thanks for the pics welldone and take good care of the room Lyncoya since we will have it right after you. lol This will be our first time in a cat 4J cabin. We always get regular balcony cabins but this is a lot cheaper and although it is a public area, it's usually not that crowded. It's like having a big front porch, and it's accessible by just a few steps out your cabin door into the hallway. Hope everyone has a great cruise!!

HAHA...what are the odds?? We'll take great care of the room. We had a 4J last year on the Glory. It was a handicapped room though. Awesome rooms for the price. :)

Archived