Eurodam - Sail-Away and Island Deck party question

LarryF

We've mostly sailed Princess and they have a party at sail-away with reggae music, dancing and games. They also have an Island Party one evening on the pool deck with a buffet, entertainment, games and dancing. It's been 8 years since our only HAL cruise on the Zuiderdam and I just can't remember if they such activities. Do they have anything similar on the Eurodam Caribbean cruise?

Thanks,

Larry

I love HAL. It is my favourite cruise line. HOWEVER, I am always disappointed that they do not make more of sail-away. Particularly sail-away on the first day.

On our last cruise which was a B2B2B, we sailed from Ft Lauderdale three times. There were so few people on deck, especially when leaving for the transatlantic. I would have liked something more.

First, I really enjoy sailaways, one of my favorite things about cruising. Second, I really enjoyed my cruise on Eurodam January 15, so much so I've booked Nieuw Amsterdam for January 15 next year. However, for us we found Eurodam's sailaway quite dull. Personal opinion, the Halcat music just didn't do it to get some excitement started. We left the area disappointed.

I love HAL. It is my favourite cruise line. HOWEVER, I am always disappointed that they do not make more of sail-away. Particularly sail-away on the first day.

On our last cruise which was a B2B2B, we sailed from Ft Lauderdale three times. There were so few people on deck, especially when leaving for the transatlantic. I would have liked something more.

We will be on the Eurodam in a couple of months for a Med cruise. Previous cruises have all been to tropical/beachy locations. As a first-time HAL/first-time non-tropical cruise, had wondered if the sailaway for the Med might be different or more low-key. Based upon this comment, sounds like it could be, but not necessarily due to the destination.

Archived