Hotel near Ft Lauderdale

princekmb

If you get any that allow parking for a week let me know, at a good price.

We are staying at Holiday Inn just a couple miles from port. We got the stay, park and cruise package for $190. Includes 2 weeks of parking, breakfast for 2 and shuttle to the port.

If you are not looking for a place that will let you leave your vehicle, you might try he LaQuinta Cypress Creek. It is about six miles from the port and we have used it twice. The rate is between 60.00 and 75.00 depending on the time of year. It was very clean. Has a McDonald's next door and a cool diner down the street. Very easy to get to off I95.

Try the FLA departure board - you'll get more responses if you post this question there, and you can search old posts to find your answer. ;)

For cruise parking deals a good place to start your search is:

www.parksleepfly.com

If you don't need to park a car, there are lots of hotels from every national chain in the downtown/17th street area - most offer free airport shuttle and have shopping and dining options within walking distance. We like to stay at the Pier 66 - very nice hotel with a great pool area.

Good luck! :)

Use the Rodeway. Free shuttle free parking and a great eating place on the premises. Izzy-- does a wonderful job shuttling the mass of people to the port. Tell Izzy hi from Karen and Santa if you go there We stayed in Jan and will never stay any where else, It is nice and has breakfast and parking.

We just stayed at the Sleep Inn and Suites in Dania. They will pick you up at the airport and in the morning they have shuttles to the Ft. Lauderdale port. There is a small mall across the street where we ate lunch and supper. Sleep Inn had breakfast. I would stay there again. I think it was close to $150 or so with all taxes etc.

La Quinta on N. 26th Street in Hollywood. Very close to the port. Clean, free shuttle, and continental breakfast. We have stayed there twice.

Agree 100 % on this one.

Not "elegant", but GOOD rooms. Reliable free shuttle, and free breakfast .

Reasonable pricing. And if you have time on hand, an entire shopping mall next door, with restaurants, within walking distance !

For our Carnival Miracle cruise this past December we stayed at the Cambria Suites in Dania Beach. They did have parking available but we did not use this option so I have no idea how much it would cost.

For our upcoming cruise on Allure we are staying at the Embassy Suites. We decided on this hotel because it is closer to the port and all of the activities we have planned prior to our cruise. We again will not be using parking, so I have no program information.

For our Carnival Miracle cruise this past December we stayed at the Cambria Suites in Dania Beach. They did have parking available but we did not use this option so I have no idea how much it would cost.

For our upcoming cruise on Allure we are staying at the Embassy Suites. We decided on this hotel because it is closer to the port and all of the activities we have planned prior to our cruise. We again will not be using parking, so I have no program information.

Did you like Cambria Suites? We're staying there in April.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites before our Carnival Miracle cruise in 2009. Great hotel, beautiful pool, fantastic breakfast with omelet bar, and an evening manager's reception with complimentary drinks and snacks, all included in the price. We asked for a room on a high floor overlooking the port. Awesome view! There is a shopping plaza with restaurants, a market, and a liquor store behind the hotel.

We'll be staying there again before our 2012 Carnival Freedom cruise.

We just stayed at the Sleep Inn and Suites in Dania. They will pick you up at the airport and in the morning they have shuttles to the Ft. Lauderdale port. There is a small mall across the street where we ate lunch and supper. Sleep Inn had breakfast. I would stay there again. I think it was close to $150 or so with all taxes etc.

We've stayed at the Sleep Inn in Dania for 3 pre-cruises..each being more than one night stays, and have just booked for next January pre-cruise as well. Prices vary depending on the nights you are staying. The hotel is clean...the staff are friendly...the breakfast is...well...free (coffee free all day). It has a Walgreens next door and a small service mall with a Publix (sells wine) and a nail salon (I always manage to break a nail while travelling) just across the road. It has a small pool area (hot tub - bromine turns silver Tiffany bracelet black), which is nice and reasonably quiet. As others have mentioned they have a free shuttle to the port (BOOK YOUR TIME WHEN YOU CHECK IN - as I have heard many a cruiser being told the time they want is already full), which we have never used as we rent a car for both pre and post cruise.

Our post-cruise stay is scheduled for the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach next February...they gave us 4 nights for the price of 3...ocean view on the beach...around $760 tax in plus parking/valet.

Sleep Inn: Book early as this is a very popular pre-cruise hotel. We just spent 3 night there, and as we chatted at the pool with other pre-cruisers it was like being in Casablanca...waiting for your exit visa, or in our case our cruise date.

They also give you travel points..being Canadian, I asked at the hotel (as this cannot be done on booking) and they they converted their choice rewards points to Aeroplan points.

Happy sailing

Suzi

We stayed at the Embassy Suites before our Carnival Miracle cruise in 2009. Great hotel, beautiful pool, fantastic breakfast with omelet bar, and an evening manager's reception with complimentary drinks and snacks, all included in the price. We asked for a room on a high floor overlooking the port. Awesome view! There is a shopping plaza with restaurants, a market, and a liquor store behind the hotel.

Totally agree with your assessment on Embassy Suites. We stayed here last November pre/post cruise and just booked again for this December. We did/are cruising out of Miami so we used SAS for transportation and will probably be doing so again since everything went so smoothly for us last time.

I love the Hollywood Beach Cruise port Resort. It is located right on the beatiful Hollywood Beach boardwalk...

They have cruise packages and offer breakfast and shuttle service form the airport and to the port .

This hotel has been recently remodelled. I love her charm and location.

Reminds me of the song " Hotel California", you can nver check out !!!!! I wish that was true of this place !!!

The pool is beautiful, hug and heated with waterfall, and huge attached whirpool attached overlooking the ocean...

If you love the ocean, you are steps away. Rates are as low as $99 plus tx !

Charleyann

La Quinta on N. 26th Street in Hollywood. Very close to the port. Clean, free shuttle, and continental breakfast. We have stayed there twice.

We have stayed there three times and will be staying again next Wednesday! :D

I kept watching prices and got the whole package for $115.00. ;)

flyingb

We are booked at the Embassy Suites for our Freedom cruise in August. Did you attempt the walk to the beach? I was told that was doable.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Embassy Suites, we have that booked for our October cruise. We have stayed at other Embassy Suites before & enjoyed the managers reception. We picked it for the location.

Springhill Suites and Hyatt Place both in Dania Beach are only a few exits from the cruise port and offer free internet, free continental breakfasts (Springhill Suites has waffle makers:)) and permit you to park for free while you are on your cruise. Also a free shuttle from the airport and to the port. La Quinta in nearby Hollywood also offers these advantages. We have been fortunate and gotten all three of these properties through Priceline for $65 a night or less. One bit of warning about Priceline. A bid of $55 a night in February got us the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Airport which charges $14 a day for parking even while you are staying there and charges $12.95 a day (24 hours) for internet service. No free food.:(

We are booked at the Embassy Suites for our Freedom cruise in August. Did you attempt the walk to the beach? I was told that was doable.

We did not walk to the beach. At the shopping plaza behind the ES, there is a yellow and red trolley (I believe it's $1 pp.) that goes to Fort Lauderdale Beach (about a 10 min. ride) and Las Olas Blvd, where there are many shops, restaurants, and nightlife.

Archived