Cayman Island Excursions?

sweet90117

Hello, I am brand new to cruises and my girlfriend and I have just booked our first cruise in May. I was most likely thinking about doing Stingray City excursion, however, I am curious which company offers the best experience and price? I didn't necessarily want to book the excursion through the cruise line due to the prices being a bit higher. Also, the cruise is going to Belize, Cozumenl, and Roatan. Any suggestions on excursions and/or companies to book them through? I know these are a ton of questions and are probably answered in the hundreds of posts on this website, but I figured this was the place to ask. I would appreciate any feedback or comments. Thank you. :)

Welcome to CC! ;)

We used Moby Dick for a snorkel and stingray city tour on our last cruise to GC, and are booked again with them this spring. Great service, smaller & less crowded boat, free snorkel gear, and no pressure to buy photos or videos. Cost is only $45 - much cheaper than the cruiseline offers. :cool: Another snorkel and stingray city tour provider often suggested on these boards is Capt. Marvin.

In Cozumel we always just relax on the beach at Paradise Beach - easy taxi ride from the pier, new pool and bathrooms, good food an drinks :D, and okay snorkeling from the beach.

Sorry - can't help with your other ports. :(

Good luck! :)

Hello, I am brand new to cruises and my girlfriend and I have just booked our first cruise in May. I was most likely thinking about doing Stingray City excursion, however, I am curious which company offers the best experience and price? I didn't necessarily want to book the excursion through the cruise line due to the prices being a bit higher. Also, the cruise is going to Belize, Cozumenl, and Roatan. Any suggestions on excursions and/or companies to book them through? I know these are a ton of questions and are probably answered in the hundreds of posts on this website, but I figured this was the place to ask. I would appreciate any feedback or comments. Thank you. :)

Just returned from a Crown Princess Western Caribbean cruise. Since we've done the sting rays, swimming w/sharks, snokeling deals before in other places ... we just wanted a good tour of the Grand Cayman island -a local lunch (for us it was Miss Vinnie's restaurant - excellent) and we choose our itinerary. We used Cayman Safari Adventures - Shirley .. the driver/guide was absolutely wonderfu. Being a lifetime local - she had all the answers and took us to places others do not get to see. We started at 0830A and asked to be back to Georgetown by 200PM for some exploration/shopping before tender back to ship. We got to see the entire island and lunch is included in the tour price. If interested you can email shirley@caymansafari.com ... also check out their website for complete details. We highly recommend this tour - it was a great day. SeaFish

We used Fat Fish Adventures for our stingray excursion. It was by jetski & we only had 4 in our party. It was awesome. We got out there ahead of all the bigger boats & had right much "private time" (so to speak) with the stingrays. We then did some snorkeling & then hit a beach bar for refreshments. It was great! We loved their personal service & will book them again the next time we're in the Caymans. :)

Enjoy your 1st cruise! :cool:

We absolutely loved Grand Cayman. There are so many great things to do there and we were able to do 4 with: http://www.caymaninanutshell.com/

You will take a boat ride out to see the stingrays;

a bus ride to Hell and back (bring your passport to get stamped!!);

a stop at the Turtle Farm;

and stop at Seven Mile Beach for a Cayman-style lunch.4

It's normally $99 for all 4 but if you pre-book 7 days in advance online you get it for $79.

We also got to stop at the Tottuga Rum factory for samples of rum and rum cakes. Yum!

Just loved this tour. They were very professional and friendly. Nothing felt rushed but we felt like we saw so much.

We absolutely loved Grand Cayman. There are so many great things to do there and we were able to do 4 with: http://www.caymaninanutshell.com/

You will take a boat ride out to see the stingrays;

a bus ride to Hell and back (bring your passport to get stamped!!);

a stop at the Turtle Farm;

and stop at Seven Mile Beach for a Cayman-style lunch.4

It's normally $99 for all 4 but if you pre-book 7 days in advance online you get it for $79.

We also got to stop at the Tottuga Rum factory for samples of rum and rum cakes. Yum!

Just loved this tour. They were very professional and friendly. Nothing felt rushed but we felt like we saw so much.

You can get your passport stamped at Hell???

In Grand Cayman we loved Nativeway Sports and their Rays, Reef, and Rum Point tour. They took us snorkeling to a really nice reef, then on to Stingray City to pet and feed the stingrays.....Our last stop was some beach time and a delicious lunch at Rum Point beach. Definitely worth every penny!

They also run many of the excursions the ships offer, but when you book them privately, you go with a much smaller group.

We've booked them again for another trip later this year.

www.nativewaywatersports.com

We had an awesome time in Grand Cayman! Have a friend who lives there and she arranged for us to do a private charter. Not inexpensive but it was definitely an amazing day! We had 6 people on our own private boat/yacht - drinks all day (including champagne while we swam with stingrays).

We had a short day so we could only do Stingray City and then a quick tour around the island, but you can book the charter for up to 7 hours.

http://www.caymanprivatecharters.ky

Archived