Vancouver Pan Pacific - Baggage Service to Port?

Rlynng

We will be staying at the Pan Pacific in Vancouver the night before our ship sails on May 13. I have heard that the hotel has a service where they will take your bags to the ship for you.

Has anyone used this service? Is there a charge, or just the routine tips for the baggage handlers?

Any feedback is appreciated

Thanks!!

We will be staying at the Pan Pacific in Vancouver the night before our ship sails on May 13. I have heard that the hotel has a service where they will take your bags to the ship for you.

Has anyone used this service? Is there a charge, or just the routine tips for the baggage handlers?

Thanks!!

You are correct in a sense. The hotel is above the cruise terminal and the porters will take your luggage to the terminal where you leave your luggage, preclear US customs and immigration and then board your ship. They also have an "Alaska cruise Package ' which includes late check out til 2pm, breakfast for 2 and free transfer to either Canada Place cruise terminal or Ballantyne Pier. Ballantyne pier was only used 1 day last year.

IMO late check out should always be a free option for the asking as they always have people arriving late. I would leave my luggage with the concierge and not move to the cruise terminal 'til quite late after the crowds have cleared.

Pan Pacific is the same building as the cruise terminal. You just take them down in the elevator to the back of the P1 (or is it P2) level of the parkade. While the bellman will do this for you, you can do it yourself just as easily.

Thanks!!

I need to apologize, I mis-read your post and thought you were looking to move your luggage from the Pan Pacific to YVR:o Yes, of course the Pan Pacific will take your luggage from your room to the dockside porters, you do need to be in your room when the luggage is picked up by the Bellman...there is no charge for this service.

Another Pan Pacific question for Putterdude---We will be staying for a few nights in August so I can shop prior to our cruise. Can you give me walking directions from the hotel to Holt Renfrew? I know it is not too far. Thanks.

Another Pan Pacific question for Putterdude---We will be staying for a few nights in August so I can shop prior to our cruise. Can you give me walking directions from the hotel to Holt Renfrew? I know it is not too far. Thanks.

Holts is part of Pacific Centre and is about 5 fairly short blocks...slightly uphill from the Pan Pacific and slightly downhill going back. It's an easy walk, I used to do often at lunch. Please spend lots, we can use the taxes. :D

link

No need to go up as far as Georgia - there is an entrance to Pacific Center on Pender between Howe and Granville - just look for the Timmy`s and Starbucks and you will see an escalator - that will take you into the Mall - or since Holt is actually at Dunsmuir just turn there and you will be able to go in the front door.

Cheers

Dennis

Exit the Pan Pacific, turn left, ½ block, 3 blocks up Howe St to Dunsmuir (grabbing coffee at Mario's on Howe is worthwhile)

I worked across the street from Holt, it's the block surrounded by Granville, Dunsmuir & How if you look at a map

• 4 weeks later...
I need to apologize, I mis-read your post and thought you were looking to move your luggage from the Pan Pacific to YVR:o Yes, of course the Pan Pacific will take your luggage from your room to the dockside porters, you do need to be in your room when the luggage is picked up by the Bellman...there is no charge for this service.

We called for a bellman to take our luggage last Sept. We didn't wait long, and the very pleasant bellman took time to remind us to have our tickets and passports in hand, and not in the cases he was taking from us. He had some funny stories about people trying to get access to their luggage when they got to check-in sans tickets.

It's a very nice, convenient service. Worth the tip to the bellman.

Archived