Amazon Adventure

sunnies

We are considering the cruise Amazon Adventure from New York to Miami. However, we do have some reservations as we have heard some negative feedback in that there are perhaps a few too many Caribbean Islands as part of the itinerary. We have been on the Hong Kong to Athens cruise which I know is very hard to better. Any feedback on the Amazon Adventure cruise would be most appreciated.

Meg

We are considering the cruise Amazon Adventure from New York to Miami. However, we do have some reservations as we have heard some negative feedback in that there are perhaps a few too many Caribbean Islands as part of the itinerary. We have been on the Hong Kong to Athens cruise which I know is very hard to better. Any feedback on the Amazon Adventure cruise would be most appreciated.

Meg

I am not sure I understand your concern.

After all, there are only so many stops a cruise ship can make on the Amazon itself; the rest have to be in the Caribbean - both on the way there and back (if the cruise starts in NY and ends in Miami).

Maybe a South America itinerary would be more varied (especially if you can combine it with an Amazon cruise)?

It is not a matter of being concerned but rather gathering enough information to choose a cruise for 2012. We are doing the Cape Town to Singapore at the end of this year and then we are looking at South America as we have never cruised in that region. The Buenos Aires to Valparaiso is certainly a possibility. I am hoping that someone who has done the Amazon Adventure cruise can tell me what they thought of it.

Meg

It is not a matter of being concerned but rather gathering enough information to choose a cruise for 2012. We are doing the Cape Town to Singapore at the end of this year and then we are looking at South America as we have never cruised in that region. The Buenos Aires to Valparaiso is certainly a possibility. I am hoping that someone who has done the Amazon Adventure cruise can tell me what they thought of it.

Meg

:) Up the Amazon twice, around "The Horn" four times and cruised Antarctica twice....They were all great. The Amazon is a tremendous cruise, scenic with very interesting stops along its' course. And Manaus......A major city after 1ooo miles of river cruising....But then there is the other end with fiords, penguins, glaciers, whales and very interesting and scenic cruising!....Think of combining Alaska with the Norwegian cost and then you have a picture of Tierra del Fuego, Patagonia and Southern Chile.....Now I have to figure out if I can squeeze in one more cruise around South America myself.....:cool:

Archived