Oasis of the Seas ..2.11.11

Angee Dale

We were on this sailing too but we were not disappointed. We enjoyed the cruise every moment (except during the shotty weather). I found the crew to be very friendly (except one guy serving ham in the Windjammer at breakfast). Every crew member would smile and say hello upon passing. Food has improved since our initial cruise back on the Mariner in 2004 which we thought was mediocre. Had a great crab noodle salad app with a HUGE crab claw. On a previous Valentine's cruise they did hand out roses to the women at dinner but on Oasis that would probably be too many flowers to hand out.

We were on this sailing too but we were not disappointed. We enjoyed the cruise every moment (except during the shotty weather). I found the crew to be very friendly (except one guy serving ham in the Windjammer at breakfast). Every crew member would smile and say hello upon passing. Food has improved since our initial cruise back on the Mariner in 2004 which we thought was mediocre. Had a great crab noodle salad app with a HUGE crab claw. On a previous Valentine's cruise they did hand out roses to the women at dinner but on Oasis that would probably be too many flowers to hand out.

The Crew were awesome.... no complaints at all.... I am talking about some of the passengers ... I have scars to prove it... I knocked down by an inpatient person.... the food.... my goodness... I have never lost weight on a cruise but I did this one.... My friend lost 5 lbs and I lost 2..... but again I know that is personal likes and dislikes.

We sailed on the Oasis because the price was right ($994 for BWB) and "just to try it"

Glad we did it but would not do a repeat cruise. Just that we don't need all that stuff. We discovered we prefer a more relaxing cruise with a smaller ship.

To each his own--------------

The Crew were awesome.... no complaints at all.... I am talking about some of the passengers ... I have scars to prove it... I knocked down by an inpatient person.... the food.... my goodness... I have never lost weight on a cruise but I did this one.... My friend lost 5 lbs and I lost 2..... but again I know that is personal likes and dislikes.

We are booked on Oasis in May. I have never thought much of Royal Caribbean food except maybe for our first cruise in 1986. I think their lunch buffet is the worst at sea and from the videos I have watched on Oasis, I expect it will be about the same. Pretty much the same in the MDR on our last two RCL cruises. The waiters were telling us what not to order. Lamb Shank is no substitue for Rack of Lamb. DUH! Let's face it, RCL sells glitzy ships mainly for families who could care less about food. We are going just to see the ship. I much prefer Celebrity.

I sailed Oasis in Aug last year and thought the food (except for the health place in the solarium) was well above average. We constantly asked for multiple main courses. I wasn't to thrilled with Giovanni's food or service either. The cruise itself? Was AWESOME however, I definitely wouldn't book an interior facing balcony again, I love the view of the sea and of feeling like I am on the water and having an inside room AND being on Oasis (aka floating mall) didn't do it for me.

My 2 cents,

We are also going on Oasis, this June 24th. Sorry your cruise wasnt outstanding, I would love to hear your negative comments/experiences.

Were there long lines for the Zip Line? How were the shows? I question the quality of people and their actions daily, so I understand where you are coming from in that regard.

Im wondering if the crew remember you by name considering the size of the ship & amount of pax. We are remembered by name whenever we cruise with Royal, but Im afraid with the size of the mega ships that is something that will be lost.

I agree, truth is the mega ships do cater to large families that couldnt care less about food quality or the standards of crew and cruising.

This cruise.....is for our son's high school graduation. His choice. Mine would be a smaller ship for sure! lol

We are also going on Oasis, this June 24th. Sorry your cruise wasnt outstanding, I would love to hear your negative comments/experiences.

Were there long lines for the Zip Line? How were the shows? I question the quality of people and their actions daily, so I understand where you are coming from in that regard.

Im wondering if the crew remember you by name considering the size of the ship & amount of pax. We are remembered by name whenever we cruise with Royal, but Im afraid with the size of the mega ships that is something that will be lost.

I agree, truth is the mega ships do cater to large families that couldnt care less about food quality or the standards of crew and cruising.

This cruise.....is for our son's high school graduation. His choice. Mine would be a smaller ship for sure! lol

I ziplined in the first couple of days and the lineup was minimal. The sports staff told me on the last day, the wait is upwards of an hour because people hadn't done it all week and they joked some people didn't want to "miss the rest of their cruise" should something happen (which it owuldn't).

Shows on Oasis are top notch and surpass the previous Royal Caribbean ship entertainment we've seen before and those were also outstanding. Hairspray was great. I hadn't seen it before and thoroughly enjoyed it. The Oasis of Dreams Aquatheater show was like Cirque Du Soleil's O in Las Vegas, it was very nice. The ice show was great, fabulous costumes, a guest performer who did this very unique entertainment using like black dust on a screen to make images overhead on the screen. Comedy Live was hilarious, the second comedian that came out was insanely funny. The headliner was a fabulous singer/performer. And we missed the other production show :(

We were also on this very same cruise. I have to agree with you about the rude and impatient passengers....sorry you have bruises to prove it:( However, we found the food to be delicious...of course we are comparing it to resort food...which in our opinion is just ok. But the food on the Oasis was very good at the windjammer and MDR. In fact, we were surprised at the different selection each and every meal. But everyone has different taste buds, you know...Just wanted to let you know how much my family and I enjoyed our cruise aboard the Oasis. Thank you!

Funny, no two people see things the same way for sure. We sailed on Oasis for two weeks and loved it. Found food in MDR better than last couple RCI cruises. ( By the way, had Rack of Lamb each week and Lamb Shank too for that matter)

WJ is a bit weak, but only ate there three times in two weeks - two breakfasts and one light lunch. Ate breakfast at Park Cafe many days but am not a huge breakfast person. Loved the great Salads at Park Cafe ( and the Roast Beef Sandwich of course) and the Solarium Bistro( not for Meat and Potato people here though).

Service was great, crew was friendly and outgoing, Spacey is a nutcase for sure:-)

Loved 150 Central Park experience too, again, not for a Meat and Potato kind of person.

Never felt crowded on the ship even with 5700 passengers both weeks. Sure, some on board can be rude and pushy but I let them know I would not take it quietly and got my share of apologies Those people are on every ship it seems.

Our second week was the 2/5 sailing, and did hear they were expecting something around 1200 young people on the 2/12 sailing so may have accounted for some of the issues. We had a wonderful time and my review is posted already for those who care.

Would sail on her again but prefer longer cruises ( 10+ days) and better Itinerary so we will see.

I have to say that our cruise on the Oasis was not what we expected based on our previous cruises on Royal. That said, we did enjoy our time on the ship for the most part, the ports were really nice. However we did experience our first rude staff on the Oasis, rude guests were everyhere! I use a wheelchair part time and it was awful trying to get o an elevator!! We had to wait for 3 sometimes 4 trips brfore we were finally able to get on, people were cutting in front of us from all sides. One time there wer only a few people and plenty of room of all but this pre-teen boy thought he would just jump in front of my wheelchair when the doors opened, I put my arm out and said loudly NO! I had gotten fed up with being pushed around. At least his mom chastised him, that or called me mean in another language! lol! Anyway we were disappointed in how things were run how tired and unhappy the staff was. We will be going back to a smaller ship, the Mariner , funny to call that ship smaller!

Archived