netbook, tablet, or mini laptop?

norwega

I picked up a netbook, mostly for backing up photos. Remember to bring some kind of small tote bag with you. I found it was very useful to head out to the shows early, to get a good seat. I would have the netbook, and do my photo downloading, and some minor editting/tweaking while waiting.

I shopped for months for a device with cruising in mind and finally settled on an Acer Aspire One netbook for $300 from Costco. I love it and use it rather than my HP laptop for almost everything. I loaded it with the Amazon and Barnes and Noble e-readers, bought the Windows 7 upgrade and downloaded open-office that will translate MS Office. I also picked up a DVDRW combo external drive but haven't found use for it yet. It has a built-in SD reader that grabs the photos I take.

but you might lose them little chips

:d

you are on vacation...aghhhh...leave the techyy crap at home and enjoy the cruise. Little chips store many many pictures and can be down loaded when you get home. smell the roses......;)

I dont understand the WIFI thing on the Princess website it says talk to the internet provider on board to ask about wifi rates..... does anyone know the rates for using wifi if I were to bring laptop on board. Have used computers on board but found service so patchy that most of my minutes were used up trying to connect to internet.

Any advice is appreciated .... cruising in less than two weeks!!

Archived