Snorkeling - Cozumel or Grand Cayman??

abbysmaid

Believe it or not, one of the most fun times was a snorkle in the harbor...... dd and I did a ship tour that was on zodiacs (inflatables with motors) that held two people. There ended up being 3 boats, one with the guide, one with dd and myself and one with another couple. We went to a couple of locations and then to the harbor where there is a shipwreck on the bottom. Tons of fish and the guide had bread he threw in the water..... Lastly we zipped down to the end of 7 mile beach and back,. It was soooo much fun driving the zodiac and being able to stop, snorkle and then move on. The harbor location was pretty amazing ! There are lots of other locations tho.... the water is gorgeous.

We have done the REEF, RAY & RUMPOINT in Grand Caymen tour 3 times!!! And obviously loved it each time! First you snorkel in a reef...then they take you to the sandbar for the rays...then my favorite stop was Rum Point! A beautiful, postcard place where they just let you roam around for about an hour(?) By far, Grand Cayman is the place to snorkel!!!

Been to Cayman 5 times and can't wait to go back! It blows Cozumel away. Rent a car at the airport and go to graveyard off 7 mile beach, edens rock and devils grotto or for the best trip, google bayside watersports and do an all day snorkel trip. Just make sure no cruise ships are in port, as we've had the boat to ourselves before. There are plenty of dive maps available that show the places to snorkel. There's about 1 every 1/4 mile on Cayman. Have a great time!!

There are several areas on Coz for snorkeling that can be done for next to nothing if you hail a cab. Search cozumel shore snorkeling on google. The better option is to go to eagleraydivers.com and book their snorkel trip. It is the most beautiful boat ride to the marine park and snorkeling on pristine reefs without ANY crowds or other people for that matter. You can always take the next step and do the discover scuba. My wife and I did that several years ago and got hooked! It is a short shore course with the dive instructor, then you get on the boat and ride to the closest reef. You get off the boat in the shallows and practice a few skills before descending and swimming out to 35 feet of water exploring the reef. For a few dollars more, you get a second tank and dive a different reef.

We have used ERD on all our trips to Coz and absolutely cant say enough about them!

Cayman Islands Cemetery Beach. Wild to see a cemetery right on beach. Tons of fish. Take the van/taxie, $5-6 pp, take something to drink and snacks. When your done walk back through cemetery wait for van along side of road heading to town. When you get back in town go to Burger King and snorkel from their lot, there's a small ship sunk out about 100 yards, it's wild. Check You Tube( CEMETERY BEACH Grand Cayman), some good videos.

Archived