Uniworld questions

newlondon

DW and I are considering Uniworld's Grand France in 2012. We did a previous AMS-BUD on Tauck and would be grateful to get some comparisons

It would also be helpful to hear opinions on food, the ships Baroness and Royale, shore excursions and overall experience.

We are high end travelers to give a bit of background--our cruise line of choice is Silversea.

My wife and I have been on several Uniworld river cruises and are schedule to take the Grand France tour this spring. We have been extremely pleased with Uniworld. Great service, good food, and nice cabins.

Uniworld has met our expectations in all aspects. We like docking in the center of town and taking a guided tour for 1 - 2 hours. After that we usually stay in town and see things on our own. The tours have all be very good, as have been the optional tours we have taken.

Since food is pretty much a personal issue, all I can say is we have been very happy with the meals and the meal service. One thing you have to do is be alert when your wine glass is half empty. Someone will refill it and keep refilling it. That is the type of problem you want.

The best part of cruising with Uniworld is the people we met on board. We have made some real friends from all over the world.

Good luck on selecting a cruise. You will probably enjoy yourself whatever you do.

I'm going on my 2nd Uniworld cruise (August - Douro Valley)and hope I enjoy it as much as I did my other one (Danube). I'm a very "picky"eater and found their food to be great. No complaints...The included tours were conducted by informative and entertaining tour guides...no complaints there either. We also found the staff very accommodating. Enjoy your trip

Archived